If you love making specialty sweet tasting breads, you re going to love this sweet and savory combination in Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Bread with Streusel Topping. This bread is perfect for a simple side dish, served as part of brunch or as a delicious treat. One bite and this is going to become a fall classic.
Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Bread
This pumpkin cranberry walnut bread is a special treat. While I love sweet breads like Easy Banana Bread Recipe (5-ingredients), Blueberry Orange Bread Recipe, and Almond Lemon Bread Recipe, this bread is a bit more savory while still being sweet.
- Unsalted butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Sugar- The sugar in the recipes makes this bread taste fantastic.
- Light brown sugar– Brown sugar will add a richer flavor to your recipe.
- Pure vanilla extract– Always best to use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs.
- Pure pumpkin puree– Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- Milk– You can use whole or 2% milk.
- Flour– Use all purpose flour for the best results
- Baking powder– If you only have self rising flour, you will not have to add the baking powder.
- Baking soda– This will help will doubling your batter.
- Kosher salt- Salt always brings out the flavors in recipes.
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger– These are traditional seasonings that go with pumpkin.
- Walnuts– Be sure to chop the walnuts into small pieces.
- Cranberries– Dried cherries can be substituted for cranberries in a pinch.
How to Make Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Bread
Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, salt, cinnamon, walnuts, and dried cranberries into a large mixing bowl.
Work the butter into the dry mixture until clumps form using your cleaned and washed fingers or a fork and set aside.
Spray a 9×3 loaf pan with Pam and preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside.
Beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until combined and fluffy into a large mixing bowl, once its good add in the vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger into a medium mixing bowl and slowly mix in half of the dry ingredients, then slowly mix in the milk and slowly mix in remaining dry ingredients until combined.
Gently stir and fold in the chopped walnuts and dried cranberries, then pour the batter into the loaf pan, After that, top it off with the crumble.
For 55-65 minutes put your ingredients in your oven or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Can I Use Canned Cranberries For This Bread?
This recipe is very unique and calls for dried cranberries. You would not be able to use canned cranberries as they would not be dried out. The best option would to be use the cranberries that are in this recipe.
How Long is Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Good?
Your best option for long lasting bread is to store it correctly. If wrapped in plastic wrap, you can leave it on your counter for a few days. To last about a week, you can place your bread in your refrigerator.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Streusel Bread
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Bread with Streusel Topping
Streusel Directions :
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, salt, cinnamon, walnuts and dried cranberries
- Using your fingers or a fork, work the butter into the dry mixture until clumps form set aside
Pumpkin Bread Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spay a 9x3 loaf pan with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until combined and fluffy
- Beat in the vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin puree
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground ginger
- Gradually mix in half of the dry ingredients
- Gradually mix in the milk
- Gradually mix in remaining dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and dried cranberries
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Top with the crumble
- Place in the oven for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.