If you love pumpkin pie, you are going to absolutely love this amazing twist. Combining a classic pumpkin pie and pecans, this Pumpkin Pecan Pie is going to be the star of your fall desserts. One bite of this incredible pie and you will want to make it all year long.
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe
This delicious Pumpkin Pecan Pie is super simple and has a great set of ingredients to make an incredible nutty and sweet pumpkin pie. This recipe will be a great choice to share with friends and family and you can even make more memories by preparing this amazing dessert together with them. It is a terrific twist on 2 classic pies.
- Eggs- You will need to have your eggs at room temperature.
- Pumpkin Puree- You need to use puree and not pie filling for this recipe.
- Evaporated milk- This will enhance the flavor of your pie and make it creamier.
- Sweetened condensed milk- This will help with the consistency of your batter.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for the best flavoring.
- Ground ginger- This will be an additional spice for flavoring.
- Ground cloves- This will add a wonderful aroma to your pie.
- Semi sweet chocolate- These will be mixed into your pumpkin batter.
- Creamer- You will need to use the Pumpkin Spice flavored creamer.
- Fresh whipped cream- Whipped cream is best for topping off desserts.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Brown sugar- This will add richness to your dessert.
- Cornstarch- This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Light corn syrup- This makes the pecan pie consistency.
- Butter- You will need unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Pecans- You will need to make sure to have your pecans chopped.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
How to Make a Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe
Set your oven to 425 degrees and put the pie dish onto a sheet.
Add your eggs into a large bowl and whisk.
Add in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, condensed milk, salt, and spices into the bowl and combine.
Pour the mixture into the crust.
Bake your pie for 15 minutes and then lower the heat in the oven to 350 degrees. Then, bake for an additional 50-60 minutes until the edges are set and you can insert a knife in the middle and it comes out clean.
Let your pie cool to room temperature and then place in the fridge overnight.
Do I Use Whole Pecans or Pieces?
You can add whole or pieces of pecans onto your Pumpkin Pecan Pie depending on what you desire. The texture of your pie is what will change depending on what your choose. But, in the end, it will be based on what you want, although I would prefer smaller pieces.
Do You Bake the Crust Before Adding the Filling?
NO, you do not need to prebake this crust. The crust will bake as you bake the pie and prebaking it will cause the crust to be overdone.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes – Super Creamy
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Turkey Cupcakes for Thanksgiving
Pumpkin Pie ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1 - 15 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 C evaporated milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Pecan Pie topping ingredients:
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 C light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 C Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place the pie dish onto a cookie sheet
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the eggs until whisked
- Whisk in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, salt, and spices until combined
- Pour pie mixture into the pie crust
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350F and bake for another 50-60 minutes, or until set around the edges and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool to room temperature before placing into the fridge overnight
Pecan Pie Topping Directions:
- Using a medium saucepan stir together all filling ingredients EXCEPT pecans and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Let mixture cool on the counter for 10 minutes and then refrigerate for 1 hour
- Once the mixture is thick and the pie has cooled completely and set, scoop the pecan pie mixture onto the top of the pie
- Sprinkle some more chopped pecans on top
- Cut and enjoy!