Southwest Chicken Wrap with cream cheese and black beans is a delicious weeknight dinner or lunch. It’s quick and easy to make and has so much flavor.
If you’re looking for some new tasty lunch recipes, you will also want to try our Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese with Dill Pickles, Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders and Ham and Pimento Cheese Wrap. These are all so good, there’s no reason to settle for a PB&J.
Southwest Chicken Wrap
In this recipe you will see a long list of ingredients, but many are simply seasonings. Don’t let that deter you from making this. It will only take you about 10 minutes start to finish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Olive oil
- Shredded Chicken
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Minced garlic
- Red bell pepper
- Frozen corn
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Lime juice
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Tortilla shells
Southwest Chicken Wrap Recipe
In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the oil, chicken, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, minced garlic, and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in corn, beans, sour cream, cream cheese and lime juice and continue to cook until its all combined and the cheese is melted.
Take it off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese, green onions, and cilantro.
Scoop the mixture onto a tortilla shell and wrap it up tightly. Serve them warm.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can get everything prepared and ready the day before to save time and simply store the mixture in an air-tight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve, reheat the mixture and wrap in the tortillas.
Can I Freeze Southwest Chicken Wraps?
Yes. Wrap each wrap individually in a layer of aluminum foil and then place in a freezer bag.
Southwest Chicken Wrap
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 to 8 large wraps or tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, minced garlic, and peppers, and cook for 5 minutes; until the pepper are tender.
- Stir in corn, beans, sour cream, and lime juice.
- Cook until cream cheese is melted, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, green onions, and cilantro.
- Evenly divide mixture between each wrap and roll up tightly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!