St. Patrick’s Day Oreos
These St. Patrick’s Day Oreos are a fun treat for this spring holiday. The little pots of gold are made from candy and are so cute!
We love making fun treats for every holiday, especially St. Patrick’s Day. It’s one of my most favorite holidays of the whole year! After you make these, Pot of Gold Oreos and Leprechaun Nutter Butters should definitely be next on your list!
How To Make St. Patrick’s Day Oreos
The first thing to do for these St. Patrick’s Day Oreos is coat your Oreos in green candy melts. Any time you are working with melting chocolate it’s super important that you heat it very slowly. Burning it makes in a big globby mess.
Once it’s melted, dip your Oreos in the chocolate and stick a small piece of rainbow candy on the cookie. Sit them on some wax paper to dry.
How To Make A Mini Pot of Gold
This is the fun part! To make these is really simple. You’re going to unwrap an individual piece of Rolo candy, and on the bottom (the wide part) scoop a bit of frosting on it. Then, coat it in gold sprinkles.
See? So easy!
Put another small drop of frosting to use as “glue” to stick this to your Oreo.
These St. Patrick’s Day Oreos will make an adorable treat to take to a classroom party or to just make at home with the kids on Spring Break!
St. Patrick's Day Oreos
- Wilton green candy melts
- Vanilla frosting
- Green sprinkles
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles
- Airhead Extreme’s
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat your green candy melts on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir and place an Oreo into the chocolate making sure all sides are covered.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and shake off any excess chocolate.
- Set on the parchment paper.
- Cut a 1.5” piece of airhead extreme and place it on the top left of the green Oreos.
- Open the Rolos and add a dollop or frosting to the bottom side.
- Cover the frosting in gold sprinkles and set next to the Airhead Extreme.
- Top with St. Patrick’s sprinkles and let set.