Strawberry Lemon Blondie Bars are buttery soft blondies with the great flavor combination of lemon and strawberries all topped with a yummy cream cheese frosting.
This recipe is the second version of our favorite Strawberry Lemon Blondies. You will want to try both of them – they’re so tasty! I’ve really come to enjoy the flavor in lemon desserts. If you haven’t made a lemon dessert yet, it’s a total must!
Strawberry Lemon Blondie Bars
These strawberry lemon blondies are so good and actually pretty easy to make. They are soft and moist on the inside and a little crunchy around the edges. I’m a big fan of the homemade frosting that tops it all off.
We are essentially taking one bowl of homemade blondie batter and separating it in half. One half we will flavor strawberry and the other lemon. Then, you bake! It’s super easy.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Strawberry Lemon Blondie Bars
- Baking Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Flavoring
- Food Coloring Gel. Neon pink and yellow.
Ingredients for Frosting
- Powdered Sugar
- Pink gel food coloring. Make sure to use gel because the liquid makes icing too runny.
How To Make Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- Mix. Blend the wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Then, add the dry to wet and mix until creamy.
- Separate. Divide the blondie batter into two bowls and color one pink and one yellow. Add in fresh diced strawberries to the pink layer and lemon to the yellow layer.
- Bake. Cook for 30-35 minutes. Let the blondies cool and make the frosting.
- Frost. With a mixer, blend the cream cheese and butter together. When that is combined, add in sugar, vanilla and food coloring. Spread the frosting on the blondies but allow it to set up for a couple of hours before serving.
If you want to add a little decoration, you can slice a fresh lime and strawberry length wise and place it on top. Yum!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Strawberry Lemon Blondie Bars
- 2 sticks butter - softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberries - diced
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Goodman's Lemon flavoring
- Neon Pink food coloring gel
- Neon Yellow food coloring gel
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Neon Pink food coloring gel
- With your mixer blend the butter, sugar, and egg until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt, until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, a little at a time, mixing between additions.
- Divide the batter in half and add strawberries to one half and the lemon flavoring and juice to the other half. Stir well.
- Add a teaspoon of neon pink food coloring gel to the strawberry half and neon yellow food coloring gel to the lemon half.
- Line an 8 X 8 dish with parchment paper and pour the strawberry batter into the dish and spread the batter out. Place the lemon batter on top of the strawberry batter and spread to smooth.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and neon pink food coloring gel, and mix until blended.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time, until all has been added and the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting on top of the blondies and smooth to make a thick layer of frosting.
- Allow the frosting to sit for 2 hours to set before serving.
- Cut blondies in 2 X 3 inch pieces and enjoy!