Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake is a delicious combination of strawberry crust, lemon cheesecake and meringue on top.
If you are crazy over cheesecake like I am then you are in the right place! I love creating new recipes from my favorite dessert. After you try this one, go check out our Cherry Pie Brownie Cheesecake Bars and our Chocolate Cheesecake Cake!
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake
I love making desserts that combine TWO of my favorite things! The crust of this cheesecake is made of strawberry cake and it’s only three ingredients: cake mix, butter and lemon juice.
Then, on top of that yummy crust is a delicious lemon cheesecake. It was just recently that I finally tried a lemon cheesecake and I fell in love. The tangy flavor of lemon works so well with the sweetness of cheesecake.
Next, we even top the whole thing off with a yummy meringue. I always think of my middle school home economics class when I hear meringue. Learning to make it was the highlight of the year!
If you have a pastry torch (if you don’t have one they are pretty inexpensive, as low as about $10) you can create these really beautiful peaks.
Admittedly, this takes a bit of finesse to make and sometimes requires a few re-starts. If you are in a bit of a hurry or just don’t have the patience you can totally leave this off. You can leave it with no topping at all (it’s so good this way!) or top it off with a bit of whipped cream.
Here is the printable recipe – enjoy!
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake
Strawberry Crust Ingredients:
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
Lemon Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 2 packages of cream cheese softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- zest of 2 large lemons
- 2 large eggs
Marshmallow meringue ingredients:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1- 9 in springform pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prep the springform pan by spraying it with baking spray.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the cake mix, butter, and lemon juice.
- Press this into the the prepared springform pan.
- Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice, and 1/2 of the lemon zest.
- Mix well.
- Add eggs until just combined. (Do not over mix)
- Pour over the strawberry crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes. (Or until it is set but slightly jiggly)
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
Marshmallow meringue directions:
- Use a double boiler or a sauce pan with a small glass bowl to make the meringue.
- Add 2 inches of water in the bottom of the double boiler or sauce pan.
- Bring the water to a simmer over a medium-low heat.
- Add the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the upper level of the saucepan or the bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar together for 3-5 minutes or until combined
- Remove the meringue from the oven and it will be warm to touch.
- Remove from the stove and pour meringue into a standing mixer.
- Beat for 5-7 minutes on medium to high speed until glossy and stiff peaks form
- Spread the meringue on the cheesecake making peaks using a knife
- Use a pastry torch lightly brown the meringue peaks.
- Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator.