This stunning Strawberry Lime Cake is everything you never knew you needed for a showstopper dessert that tastes as delicious as it looks.
This cake is an absolute beauty. I love desserts that make everyone swoon before they even put a bite in their mouths. Cutting into this particular cake has that WHOA quality. It looks every bit as good as it tastes. For my money, this Key Lime Bundt Cake and colorful Watermelon Cake are equally impressive. The colors are bright, and the presentation on the plate is absolutely “wow-tastic!”
Strawberry Lime Cake
Prepare yourself because you’re definitely going to be asked for the recipe every time you make it. It uses a store-bought lemon cake mix, orange juice, and lime gelatin. I’ll be honest here. I don’t care for lime Jello. Not one bit.
But this cake doesn’t taste like lime gelatin, so if you feel like I do about it, don’t worry. It lands squarely in the citrusy category. I can imagine it being served at one of those cute little seaside restaurants. It’s that kind of cake.
Strawberry frosting is everything.
Picking strawberries as a child, I ate more than I put in the bucket. I would sit down between the strawberry rows, shove them in my mouth and then pretend it never happened. My grandparents knew, though. Thank goodness they thought it was funny to have a strawberry stealing little girl eating up their yields.
I’m assuming if you are interested in this recipe, you like them, too.
This recipe has finely diced strawberries in the frosting and even more strawberries that have been cut in half for decoration.
This cake would be great for several occasions.
Because it’s pale red and green it lends itself to all sorts of events. I think it would be lovely at a bridal shower, a baby shower, and pretty much any cause for celebration. When it’s plated, it will knock everyone’s socks off! PS: The oohs and ahs will knock YOUR socks off.
Strawberry Lime Cake
- 37 ounces Lemon Cake Mix (2 18.5-oz boxes)
- 2 cups Canola Oil
- 8 large Eggs
- 6 ounces Lime Gelatin (2 small 3-oz boxes)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice pulp free
Strawberry Frosting ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
- 5-7 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 Limes cut into slices for decoration
- Strawberries cut in half for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your cake pans with pam baking spray.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together until combined the cake mix, canola oil, eggs, lime gelatin, and orange juice until combined.
- Divide the batter between the 3 pans.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely.
- Remove cakes from pans and place onto a cutting board and use the cake leveler to even out the cake rounds.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, diced strawberries and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy and stiff with peaks.
Directions to build the cake:
- Place one cake round onto the cake board.
- Scoop 1 C of the frosting onto the middle of the cake.
- Using the angled spatula, smooth the frosting out.
- Place the second cake layer onto the first layer.
- Repeat steps with the frosting and remaining cake layer.
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag and set aside.
- Once you have built your cake, scoop the remaining frosting onto the top of the cake and use the angled spatula to smooth it out.
- Frost the entire cake until smooth.
- Using the piping bag, pipe dollops of frosting around the edge of the top of the cake.
- Place sliced limes onto the dollop of frosting and place strawberries along the sides of the dollops.
- Place into the fridge for 1 hour to allow the frosting to harden.
- Cut into slices and enjoy.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 3 9-inch round cake pans
- 1 10-inch round cake board
- 1 Cake leveler
- 1 mini angled spatula
- 1 large disposable piping bag with star tip
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.