Sweet strawberries and white chocolate come together in one delicious, soft cookie. Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are so perfect and crave-worthy, they’ll be your new favorite cookie!
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
We absolutely love these cookies! They’re really like strawberry shortcake in a cookie form.
Looking for more great cookie recipes? Make sure you check out this 4-ingredient strawberry cake mix cookie recipe.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies
- Chopped fresh strawberries
- Lemon juice
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- White baking chocolate
How To Make Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make your strawberry white chocolate chunk cookies, begin by soaking chopped strawberries in lemon juice. Set this aside and move on to the next step of whisking together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Next, use an electric mixer to beat unsalted butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla then mix well.
Stir in the flour mixture until a soft dough forms. Fold in chopped white baking chocolate.
Drain the lemon juice from the strawberries and coat the berries in flour.
Gently fold the strawberries into the cookie dough. It’s best to do this with a spoon or spatula and be gentle so you don’t crush all of the strawberries.
Scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheets. The dough balls should be about 1 1/2 inches across and placed 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
Bake the cookies at 350°F for 12-14 minutes until the cookies are set and just beginning to lightly brown around the edges.
Transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
These cookies are really perfect for an afternoon snack, picnic, potluck, or any time you just want a strawberry-filled treat!
Can I freeze these Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You can freeze your strawberry white chocolate chunk cookies in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. However, when the cookies are thawed, the strawberries will break down a bit and be a little mushy. These cookies are best when eaten fresh.
What kind of white chocolate should I use?
The type of white chocolate you use is important. White chocolate is notoriously easy to burn, so you need to be sure you’re using a good quality white chocolate meant for baking.
I used a Ghirardelli white baking chocolate bar and chopped it into chunks to add to the cookie dough. You will find this in the baking aisle in your grocery store on the shelf with other baking chocolate bars and chocolate chips.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
No, frozen strawberries will not work in this recipe. When frozen and then thawed, strawberries break down and become mushy. The whole cookie dough will be negatively impacted by using frozen strawberries instead of fresh.
Do I need to use fresh lemon juice?
No, fresh lemon juice is not essential. You can certainly use bottled lemon juice for soaking the strawberries. I used fresh squeezed juice because I had lemons on hand.
Soaking the strawberries in lemon juice really bumps up the flavor, so don’t skip this step.
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup strawberries chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 2 extra tablespoons for coating strawberries)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces baking chocolate white, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the unsalted butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chunks.
- Drain the lemon juice from the strawberries. Add2 tablespoons of flour to the strawberries and toss with a fork until the strawberries are coated. Gently fold the strawberries into the cookie dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets to form 1 ½ to 2-inch cookie dough balls, leaving at least 1 inch of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 12-14 minutes until set and the edges are beginning to brown.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.