These Thumbprint St. Patrick’s Day cookies are so tasty and even easier to make. Perfect to go with any Irish celebration, these cookies deserve a place with your favorite recipes.
If you want more St. Patrick’s Day Cookies, you have to try St. Patrick’s Day Oreos.
Thumbprint St. Patrick’s Day Cookies
Thumbprint cookies have been around forever, but this fun St Patrick’s Day Cookies twist take these cookies and dips them in white chocolate and sprinkles. These cookies are pretty to look at, make a gorgeous display and honestly are the best thumbprint cookies I have ever eaten.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Green food coloring gel
- Assorted St. Patty’s Day Sprinkles
How to make St. Patrick’s Day Thumbprint Cookies
Once the cookies are cooled, melt 6 squares of the white chocolate together with 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Heat together for 15 seconds at a time, stirring between each set.
Can I Freeze Thumbprint Cookie Dough?
There are 2 ways you can freeze the thumbprint cookie dough. You can make the batch of dough, and then freeze the dough as a whole batch. The other way to freeze the cookies is to scoop the cookie dough. Once the cookies are scooped, you will want to make the imprint in the cookies. Then freeze the cookies on a baking sheet or on a plate. Then once the cookies are frozen, move them to an airtight container or freezer bag.
How Should I Store Baked St. Patrick’s Day Cookies?
These baked St. Patrick’s Day cookies should be stored at room temperature. You want to make sure the cookies are kept in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. If the cookies are left out exposed to the air, the cookies will get stale.
Thumbprint St. Patrick's Day Cookies
- 3 sticks of butter - softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups of flour - sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 package of White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 can of Sweetened condensed milk - divided - see instructions
- 1 bottle of Green food coloring gel - See link
- Assorted St. Patty's Day Sprinkles - we used green and white
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, blend the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and blend. In a separate bowl sift the flour and salt together, and add it to the mixing bowl with the butter mixture a little at a time until all the flour is added, and blended well.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place them on a Parchment lined cookie sheet about an inch apart. When the cookie sheet is full, use your thumb or knuckle, and press a 'thumbprint' into the center of the cookies, making an indentation. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn golden brown. When the cookies are done, remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cookies are cool, melt 6 squares of the white chocolate almond bark, and 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk in the microwave on 15 second intervals, until it's smooth and creamy, stirring between intervals. (you may need to add a few more drops of the sweetened condensed milk, if needed to make sure the white chocolate is smooth and creamy). Remove the melted chocolate from the microwave and add 1/2 a teaspoon of green food coloring gel. If the color is not bright enough, add a little more until desired color is achieved. Fill the centers of the cookies with the green/white chocolate. When all the centers have been filled, place 2 squares of the white chocolate and 2 Tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk in the microwave, stopping every 15 seconds to stir the mixture, until its smooth and creamy. Dip the bottoms of the cookies in the melted white chocolate, and immediately in the sprinkles. Sit the cookies on parchment paper to let the chocolate set. Let the cookies set for at least one hour before moving them or serving them, to allow the chocolate to set. After the chocolate is set, serve, and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Cookie sheets
- Electric mixer
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.