I have decided to take a break from watching our Falcon’s team loose to NYG. It’s getting pretty bad. However, we did make these really cute touchdown pops yesterday and my boys just loved them!
- Popsicle/Craft Sticks
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Can of Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Candy Coating
- Betty Crocker White Cookie Frosting
- Yellow Edible Marker (unless you have yellow sticks)
We were going to just make Football Cake Pops on a lollipop stick, but thought that would be a bit boring. We decided to make goals out of popsicle sticks! I think stores sell yellow sticks, but we just colored the front side of ours with yellow edible marker. We used 3 sticks to make 1 pop. We cut one of the sticks in half with scissors. We colored one side of them and glued them together to make the goal. Leave just a little bit of the stick poking out of the top to stick the football cake on.
- Bake 1 chocolate cake mix using the box directions. Let that cool.
- Scoop out half of it in a bowl. (We baked a 9×13 cake, but scoop out the whole thing if you bake a 8×8.)
- Break the cake into tiny crumbs with a fork or just mix with a mini chopper.
- Mix about half of a can of chocolate frosting with the cake crumbles until moist enough to form the footballs.
Here is what our footballs looked like…
- Melt the chocolate coating in the microwave 1 minute..then every 20 seconds until melted.
- Dip the tip of the middle stick of the goal in the chocolate. Press a football on stick and spoon on the chocolate to coat the whole football. Place on waxed paper to dry.
- When the footballs are dry… pipe on white icing to make the stripes and laces. We used Betty Crocker white cookie frosting and it worked well.
Here is my little 5 year old Falcon’s fan….
Now that we have dealt with a horrible loss today to the Giants, we have switched gears to the New Orleans Saints. They deserve to win the Super Bowl for how they have been playing. Who dat!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
12 comments on “Touchdown Football Pops!”