These Valentine Bear Cupcakes are so adorable! The cute little bear on top of these yummy french vanilla cupcakes are made from everyone’s favorite sweet treat: Reese’s cups!
There isn’t a much better dessert out there than a delicious fresh cupcake. Add a Reese’s cup and homemade chocolate frosting on top and you’ve got an amazing dessert. Once you’ve made these you’re going to want to go make our Cookie Monster Cupcakes and our Twinkie Cupcakes! (Yes, they totally taste like Twinkies!!)
Valentine Bear Cupcakes
For the base of this recipe, you’re going to pick your favorite French Vanilla cupcake mix. If you’ve got a from scratch version you love, that works, too.
The real fun of these cupcakes come in the frosting and the super cute little bears on top. Seriously how cute are those guys?
Making the homemade chocolate icing is actually quite easy. Some sweet cream butter and cocoa along with a few other important ingredients quickly come together.
Valentine Bear Cupcakes could not be complete without adding a sweet, edible teddy bear on top. You can find everything you need for him at your local grocery store.
Piecing the Reese’s bears together is a fun activity to do with your kids. Give them all the ingredients, an example of what he should look like and let them have fun. It doesn’t matter what he looks like, he will taste great!
These Valentine Bear Cupcakes will be a great treat to bring to a class party or to make for your kids as a special Valentine’s Day treat.
Valentine Bear Cupcakes
- 1 box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- V-day cupcake liners
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Reese bear Ingredients:
- 21 regular size Reese peanut butter cups unwrapped
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 16 ounces Ghirardelli chocolate wafers (2 8-oz bags) set aside 42 for the ears
- 1 bag pink wilton candy melts
- 21 brown M&M’s
- 1 container Nerdy Nummy heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Using a standing or a hand mixer, beat together all cupcake ingredients until combined.
- Scoop cupcake batter into liners, filling about 3/4 way full and bake in the oven for 21 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
Chocolate Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powder sugar, cocoa, vanilla and heavy whipping cream until combined and stiff with peaks.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag and set aside.
- Remove 42 chocolate wafers from the Ghirardelli bags and place onto a cutting board.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup of the chocolate wafers in increments of 30 seconds, mixing after each time until melted and smooth.
- Scoop into the piping bag and set aside.
- Place one unwrapped Reese peanut butter cup onto the cutting board.
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and pipe a small dollop of chocolate onto the lower center of the peanut butter cup.
- Place a pink wafer onto the chocolate dollop. This is the mouth and nose of the bear.
- Pipe two dollops of chocolate above the pink wafer for the eyes.
- Place two eyes onto the two chocolate dollops.
- Pipe a small dollop of chocolate onto the "M" side of the "M&M" and then place onto the center of the pink wafer.
- Using the small round fondant cut out a half shaped moon out of the bottom of the chocolate wafers..
- Pipe a line of chocolate onto the cut part of the chocolate wafer.
- Place the chocolate wafer onto the upper left and right corner of the peanut butter cup for the ears.
- Repeat steps with remaining Reese cups.
- Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- While the bears are drying, pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, carefully place the bears onto the middle of the frosting and lightly push down into the frosting.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with star tip
- 1 Disposable piping bag
- 1 mini circle fondant cutter