Valentine’s White Texas Sheet Cake
This Valentine’s Day White Sheet Cake is perfect for celebrating. Make it for a simple weeknight dessert or make it for a Valentine’s Day party. This white Texas sheet cake is moist and airy and is one of the best basic cake recipes you can ever make. This recipe is a great starting off point and you can make it as decadent as you like by adding in extra things like candies, chocolate or just enjoy it exactly as it is.
If you are looking for more Valentine’s Day Cake ideas, try Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s White Texas Sheet Cake
Whether you are looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day cake or you just want the perfect taste of a White Texas sheet cake, this is a must-save recipe. This white Texas sheet cake is great for dessert or when you have a special occasion that you are celebrating.
Can a Sheet Cake Be Frozen?
If you have room in your freezer you can freeze a sheet cake whole. It is always best, when possible to freeze a cake without frosting, but you certainly can freeze a sheet cake even if it has been decorated already. I like to freeze the sheet cakes in slices so that I can easily bring out a few pieces instead of the whole cake.
How to Decorate a Valentine’s Day Cake
When you are making a Valentine’s Day cake, there are so many easy ways to decorate it. Feel free to use pink or red frosting and add red and white sprinkles. You can also get sprinkles that are heart shaped. You can use candied heart gumming or chocolate. In the baking aisle you can also find candy hearts made from sugar to add the top of your Valentine’s Day cake.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Sour cream
- Almond extract
- Whole milk
- Confectioners’ sugar
How to Make a White Texas Sheet Cake
Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 15*10*1 inch cake pan with baking sprays.
Using a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
In a small sauce pan, add the butter and water. Bring it to a boil and then remove it from the heat.
Add the hot water milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
In a small bowl, mix together eggs, sour cream and almond extract.
Add this to the cake batter and mix it well into it is smooth.
Spread batter in the prepared sheet pan and bake for 18-22 minutes until the cake is golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.
Baked 18-22 minutes until the cake is just golden brown and a
Let the cake cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes
While the cake is cooling, make the frosting.
In a large saucepan, add the butter and the milk. Bring it to a boil and then remove it from the heat.
Slowly stir in the confectioners’ sugar, almond extract, and salt
Spread the frosting over the warm cake and immediately top with sprinkles
Valetine's White Sheet Cake
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 2 C sugar
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP kosher salt
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 C unsalted butter
- 1 C water
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C sour cream
- 1 TSP almond extract
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 5 C confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 TSP almond extract
- 1/2 TSP kosher salt
- Valentines Day sprinkles to garnish
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray a 15x10x1-inch sheet pan with baking spray, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda
- Then in a small saucepan, add the butter and water
- Bring to a boil and quickly remove from heat
- Stir the hot liquid into the flour mixture
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, and almond extract until smooth
- Pour that into the flour mixture and stir until smooth
- Spread batter in the prepared sheet pan
- Baked 18-22 minutes until the cake is just golden brown and a
- toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes
- While the cake cools, prepare the frosting by combining the butter and milk in a large saucepan, bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, almond extract, and salt
- Spread the glaze over the warm cake and immediately top with sprinkles