Parents Warning About Popcorn After Their Son Was Admitted Into Surgery
The weekends are normally a wonderful time to sit down with the family and watch a good movie, unfortunately for Nicole Goddard, last month’s family movie night was a night was all but wonderful. It was a night that any of us would want to forget.
Nicole and Jake Goddard, of Colorado, stated “We were all watching a movie and eating popcorn which is a very frequent event on the weekend in our home. I didn’t think twice to give Nash popcorn. Nash had small choking episode but was fine. We didn’t see anything come out so we assumed he swallowed it. He seemed completely fine and continued to watch the movie.”
“He started making a gagging noise and Jake jumped up really fast to grab him,” she told FOX news. “He was getting ready to do the Heimlich on him and then he took a breath.”
Nash was breathing normally and his parents assumed he was fine.
They were wrong.
Nicole shared a viral Facebook post with a warning about popcorn that has now been viewed over a million times.
Nicole also added, “He seemed completely fine and continued to watch the movie. The only thing we observed was a cough he developed after the episode.” They thought it just might be coming down with a cold that had recently gone through their family.
“Monday came and I noticed Nash felt warm and he was super fussy. He had a fever so I gave him Motrin and put him to bed.”
She then noticed some labored breathing as she stayed the night by his side. She called her pediatrician who told her to take him to the hospital right away.
After some tests, Nash was admitted to the hospital and ordered into surgery.
“There was so much inflammation he actually started to develop pneumonia in his left lung,” Nicole said.