Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice.
Gently flour your clean work surface, and unfold the puff pasty.
Using your fingertips, gently press the creased areas flat. Use a rolling pin if necessary.
Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out 4 circles.
Repeat steps 4-6 with the remaining sheet of puff pastry.
Place circles onto baking sheet.
Gently score border about ½-1 inch inside each puff pastry circle.
10. Using a fork, poke several times inside each of the circles.
11. Spread cream cheese mixture into each circle, keeping inside the boarder.
12. In a small bowl, mix together egg and water until frothy.
13. Brush the border of each with egg mixture.
14. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown.
15. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.
16. Heat lemon curd in the microwave for 25 seconds, then spoon on top of each danish.
17. Sprinkle a pinch of lemon zest and dust with powdered sugar prior to serving.