Ambrosia Salad is my all time favorite side dish to make for potlucks, parties, cookouts, or any gatherings. This creamy fruit salad also makes a nice, refreshing dessert any day of the week. Best of all, this recipe can be whipped up in 15 minutes or less!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 11 ounce can mandarin oranges
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits
- 3/4 cup fresh green grapes halved
- 5 ounce jar maraschino cherries stems removed
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip light is fine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- pinch of salt optional
Pour the mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, and cherries in a large colander that is in the sink.
Once they are well drained, cut the cherries in half. Cut the green grapes in half. Chop the pecans (if using).
In a large salad bowl, add the drained fruit. Then add the cut grapes, coconut, marshmallows, pecans, sour cream and cool whip. Add a good pinch of salt (optional) and gently mix the salad until everything is well incorporated.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve and top with a couple of cherries if desired. Can be made up to 7 days in advance.