Mexican Macaroni Ham Salad
This Mexican Macaroni Ham Salad is so good, you might want to make a double batch. Packed with ham, veggies, and pasta, this salad is perfect for picnics, get togethers and easy summer dinners. One bite of this Mexican Macaroni Ham Salad might become of your favorites.
- 2 cups small macaroni noodles 8 oz dried
- ¼ c + 1 Tablespoons cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon cup Mexican sour cream or sub with crème fraiche
- large pinch of salt
- large pinch ground black pepper
- 6 oz sliced ham or more if desired*
- 15 oz mixed vegetable mix drained**
- optional: pickled jalapenos drained and roughly chopped (according to spiciness level)
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool to room temperature, alternatively you can rinse under cool water and drain thoroughly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper, until well combined. Then mix in the cooked and drained pasta, stir until the sauce is coating the noodles as best as possible. Next, mix in the drained canned vegetables until well combined. Then mix in the jalapenos and then lastly mix in the ham bits and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated. Taste and if needed adjust the salt and or pepper.
This pasta salad can be served right away or store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. It makes a great lunch or an excellent side dish. Enjoy!