Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe
This Creamy Bow Tie Pasta Salad recipe is everything you want in a summer side dish! Tender pasta is tossed with a creamy homemade dressing, then mixed with ham, cheese, peas, onions, and bell peppers. The pops of color - and flavor - are hard to resist!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time1 hour hr 30 minutes mins
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: farfalle pasta, pasta salad, potluck ideas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons relish (sweet or dill)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese diced
- 1 cup fully-cooked ham diced
- 1/2 small white or sweet onion peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper seeded and finely diced
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Cover and refrigerate while you move on to the next steps.
Boil the pasta according to the package directions, just until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together all of the ingredients with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 541mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 666IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 1mg