Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells
When everyone is asking, "what's for dinner?" whip up these Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells. Delicious chicken filling stuffed into pasta shells and then covered in a creamy, cheesy sauce--all the flavor is here!
- 1 pound jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
Preheat oven to 350F.
Boil the pasta shells according to the package directions, just until al dente. Drain the water then rinse the shells in cold water to cool them down and prevent sticking.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Stuff this filling into the cooked pasta shells and place them in a single layer in a glass 9x13 baking dish.
In a large sauce pot, heat the cream of chicken soup and the evaporated milk over medium heat until hot. Add the garlic and herb cream cheese and stir until melted and incorporated into the sauce. Remove the pan from the heat and add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese; stir well.
Pour the creamy sauce over the stuffed shells in the baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350F for 40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.