Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is a game-changer for soups. The consistency, flavor, and ingredients are unmatched with any other soup in my opinion. Skip going out to eat and enjoy this soup at home.
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced (white or yellow)
- 2 celery diced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried or fresh if using fresh thyme sprigs be sure to discard before serving.
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi 1 store-bought package
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 cup fresh spinach
Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add diced onions, celery, and shredded carrots. Season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to your liking. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Add garlic and thyme and saute for another minute or until fragrant.
Add the cooked chicken and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil.
Reduce to simmer. Stir in gnocchi and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
Add half and half and spinach. Let it cook for an additional 2 minutes before serving.