Crawfish Fettuccini is an incredibly delicious pasta dish made with fettuccine, peppers, onions, garlic, butter, cream, cheese, and crawfish. Whip up this flavorful meal any time you want to impress your family and friends!
- 1 cup butter cubed
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 1 medium bell red pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cooked crawfish tails thawed
In a large pot or a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat then add the onion, red bell pepper, green onions, and celery and sauté until vegetables are tender. Add the minced garlic and jalapeno and cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add the cheese, cream, and salt and cook until mixture is thickened and cheese is melted, stirring often to prevent the mixture from burning.
While the sauce is cooking, boil the fettuccine according to package directions, then drain well.
Stir the fettuccine and crawfish into the sauce mixture. Cook together, uncovered, over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until hot.