Banana Breakfast Cookies
Sweet, simple, and packed with flavor, my Healthy Breakfast Cookies combine banana, peanut butter, and a little bit of chocolate, with wholesome oats.
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 over ripe mashed bananas
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips optional, + 2 tablespoons for topping
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine oats, mashed bananas, peanut butter, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together with rubber spatula and add ½ cup chocolate chips. Mix again.
Divide the dough into seven cookies and place them in the parchment paper pan. Press down on the cookies to make a cookie shape and about ½ inch thick. Top cookies with extra chocolate chips if desired.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
- You can store the cookies in the fridge for up to three days in a tight container or you can freeze them after they have baked for up to two months. You can also freeze the dough for up to 2 months.
- You can substitute chocolate chunks for the chips, like I do. You can also use white chocolate chips, dried cherries, raisins, or just about anything you like!
- The cookies can be made any size you want. It will change the outcome of how many cookies come out of the dough.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg