Cheesy Smothered Chicken with Bacon
You'll be amazed at how easy it is to make dinner with this delicious Cheesy Smothered Chicken with Bacon. Thinly sliced chicken breasts seasoned with ranch dressing mix and smothered with alfredo sauce, cheese, and bacon, then baked until hot and bubbly--dinner is served!
- 4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts or two chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to make 4 thin chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Fresh parsley or chopped chives for garnish optional
Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Place chicken in the prepared dish and sprinkle both sides with the dry ranch dressing seasoning.
Pour the alfredo sauce over top of the meat, then turn each chicken breast over in the sauce to coat both sides.
Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Remove the pan from the oven. Uncover and top with the cheese slices and sprinkle the chopped bacon over top, then return the dish to the oven uncovered for 5-8 more minutes, until the cheese is fully melted.
If desired, garnish with parsley or chives before serving.