Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
Who knew it was so simple to make pizza sauce at home? From start to finish in less than 15 minutes, you can make this Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce from scratch with simple ingredients you can keep on hand in the pantry.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: granulated sugar to taste
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the garlic and saute for a few seconds until fragrant, then stir in the tomato paste. Cook the garlic and tomato paste in the olive oil for 1 minute, stirring often.
Add the crushed tomatoes, fresh basil, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add granulated sugar to taste, one tablespoon at a time.
Cover the pot and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes.
Use the sauce immediately, or refrigerate for 5 days or free for 3 months.