2 Ingredient Apple Pie Cups are such a fun way to enjoy a cinnamon roll and apple pie flavors at the same time! This 20-minute recipe is perfect for any breakfast or dessert when you want a delicious, hot pastry drizzled with frosting, but with minimal effort.
2 Ingredient Apple Pie Cups
Sometimes the best recipes are the easiest! We loved this tasty and super easy 2 Ingredient Apple Pie Cups recipe. It’s a great dessert or a sweet breakfast treat. This is a recipe you can whip up any time because you can easily keep the two ingredients on hand to use whenever needed.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this super easy apple dessert (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with frosting
- Apple pie filling
How to Make 2 Ingredient Apple Pie Cups
Grease 8 cups of a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place a cinnamon roll in each greased cup and press it up the sides of the cup to form a well.
Fill each well of the cinnamon roll with apple pie filling.
Bake at 375ºF for 15-18 minutes until the cinnamon rolls are cooked through. Cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove them and place on a wire cooling rack.
Drizzle the cups with the frosting from the cinnamon roll package.
Tip: for easy cleanup, place a cookie sheet under the wire cooling rack to catch the excess frosting that will drip off of the edges.
Serve the apple pie cups warm or at room temperature.
After you try making this super easy apple dessert, you might want to get creative and try some fun variations. Here are some ideas:
- Different pie filling – raspberry, peach, cherry, strawberry, or blueberry pie filling instead of apple
- Cinnamon – dust the top of the top of the finished apple pie cups with cinnamon
- Cream cheese – beat 8 tablespoons of cream cheese with 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, then add a tablespoon of the mixture to the apple pie cups before adding the apples.
- Orange – use orange flavored cinnamon rolls for an extra hint of flavor.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep leftover pie cups in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. To reheat, microwave on high heat for 10-15 seconds at a time until warm.
More Recipes You Will Love
2 Ingredient Apple Pie Cups
- 1 can (about 13 ounces) Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with frosting
- 1 1/3 cups apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a muffin pan by spraying 8 wells with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press one cinnamon roll into each greased muffin well and up the sides to form a cinnamon roll cup.
- Scoop the apple pie filling into the wells of the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake the apple filled cinnamon rolls at 375F for 15-18 minutes until the cinnamon rolls are fully cooked. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Drizzle the cinnamon roll frosting over each apple pie cup. Serve warm.