If you love a sweet salad filled with pineapple, marshmallows, pecans, Cool Whip, and pistachio pudding, then this Easy Watergate Salad is just perfect! A deliciously cool and creamy addition to any dinner plate, this salad is impressive yet very quick and easy with only 5 ingredients.
Easy Watergate Salad
This incredibly easy Watergate Salad is perfect for your holiday dinner table, but you might also want to make it any weeknight just because it’s delicious. Simply toss the ingredients into a bowl, stir, and chill for a short time–so simple!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the watergate salad (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Instant pistachio Jell-O pudding mix
- Canned crushed pineapple
- Miniature marshmallows
- Chopped pecans
- Cool Whip
How to Make Easy Watergate Salad
Start by mixing together the dry pudding mix, crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, and chopped pecans.
Next, fold in the thawed Cool Whip until well combined.
Chill the watergate salad until you’re ready to serve.
You may want to serve the salad in one large bowl, or you can scoop it into individual ramekins, cups, small bowls, or mugs. Individual servings are a really lovely presentation!
Substitutions and Toppings
Nuts – Instead of pecans, you could use chopped walnuts or pistachios.
Whipped cream – If you prefer real whipped cream to Cool Whip, you can definitely use your homemade whipped cream instead.
Toppings – For an extra pretty touch, top the watergate salad with a big dollop of Cool Whip and a maraschino cherry (or a few!).
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Apple Blondies with Maple Glaze
- Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Caramel Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- Best Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Easy Watergate Salad
- 3.4 ounce package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple not drained
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip thawed
- Start by mixing together the dry pudding mix, crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, and chopped pecans.
- Next, fold in the thawed Cool Whip until well combined.
- Chill the watergate salad until you're ready to serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.