Hot Fudge Sundae Cheesecake is a yummy dessert mashup with a layer of brownie and a layer of cheesecake. Top it off with chocolate ganache and homemade whipped cream.
We are pretty crazy about cheesecakes over here. Once you make this one, you might want to try a few of our other favorites like Cookie Dough Cheesecake or Strawberry Cheesecake. They are all so good!
Hot Fudge Sundae Cheesecake
This recipe is very easy. I love a good dessert, but I like it even more when it is simple to make! The first layer is a simple brownie box mix and the second is a basic four ingredient cheesecake.
- Box Brownie Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Ganache
- Whipped Cream
- Chopped Nuts – (optional)
How To Make Hot Fudge Sundae Cheesecake
- Mix up your brownie batter and pour it into a greased springform pan to bake. When it’s done cooking, let it set until cooled and get started on your cheesecake mixture.
- Mix your softened cream cheese with sugar until it’s nice and creamy. Add in each egg individually, mixing thoroughly after each one. When that is mixed, add the vanilla in last.
- Pour the cheesecake over the cooled brownies and bake again for about an hour. Let it cool in the fridge overnight before adding the toppings.
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Whipping Cream
To make your ganache, you simply melt the two ingredients together for about 45 seconds in the microwave and pour over the cake. Easy, right?
Whipped Topping Ingredients
- Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
Beat all of the ingredients with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Pipe onto the cake and sprinkles with chopped peanuts.
Why Use A Springform Pan?
For cheesecakes, a springform pan will make your life easier. The reason why, is that this type of pan has removable sides. When the cake is cooled you’ll easily be able to remove it from the pan without damaging the cake.
Hot Fudge Sundae Brownie Cheesecake
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Whipped Cream Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- piping bag with star tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the springform pan with pam spray and set aside.
- Follow the directions based on the box of the brownie mix and bake into the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Once baked, set aside to cool.
- In a standing mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg, mix until fully combined before the next egg.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour cheesecake over the brownie and bake into the oven for 1 hour or until almost set in the middle.
- Once baked, place onto a wire rack to let cool to room temperature
- Once cooled, place into the fridge overnight
- Combine the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream and place into the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour ganache over the cooled cheesecake and place back into the fridge for one hour.
- In a standing mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream, powder sugar, and vanilla and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop whipped cream into the pipping bag and pipe around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle peanuts onto the top of the whipped cream.