Making fun treats with my kids is one of my favorite things to do at Christmastime. These Hot Cocoa Cookie Cups are the perfect recipe to start with because they’re no-bake and absolutely adorable. The kids can get creative and really, you just can’t mess them up.
Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Cookie Cups
We made these adorable Hot Cocoa Cookie Cups for my sons 6th grade class. The kids just loved these fun Christmas Treats and they are so easy to make!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Jet-Puffed Marshmallows – the large size.
Maravillas Cookies – these are light vanilla cookies in flower shapes.
Mini Candy Canes – the hooks of these make the perfect size for “handles”!
Confetti Sprinkles – in red and green colors.
Tree Sprinkles – or any fun sprinkle you’d like to use for the front of the “mug”.
White & Chocolate Cookie Icing
How To Make Hot Cocoa Cookie Cups
The process to make these is really just putting them together. You can do this individually or if you’re making a large batch for a party, get a little assembly line going where everyone has one job.
1. Start with the bottom layer, which is the Marvillas cookies and add sprinkles onto each flower petal with a dot of white icing as the glue. We used red white and green colors but if you’d like, you could do a different winter theme with maybe blue and white sprinkles.
3. Then, make the base of the hot cocoa mug by sticking the marshmallow onto the middle of the cookie with icing.
4. Use chocolate icing on top to make it look like it’s full of hot chocolate.
5. Put a few marshmallow bits on top of the chocolate icing because not cup of cocoa is complete without it.
6. Cut the tops off of the mini candy canes using kitchen scissors – don’t worry, they won’t crumble – and attach it to the side of the marshmallow using a bit of icing.
7. Attach a little tree sprinkle on the front of the marshmallow for decoration.
They are so little & cute!
You can make a bunch on these in no time at all & these are easy enough for the kids to create all by themselves!
My sons 6th grade class absolutely loved them!
You can check out more of our Christmas treat & fun food creations HERE!
Hot Cocoa Cookie Cups
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- Maravillas Cookies
- Mini Candy Canes
- Red & Green Confetti Sprinkles
- Tree Sprinkles
- White & Chocolate Cookie Icing
- Marshmallow Bits
- Place a dot of the white icing to the edges of the cookies. Then place your confetti sprinkles onto the icing in rotating colors.
- Add white icing on the bottom of the marshmallow and then place it on the cookie to stick.
- Squeeze chocolate icing on top of the marshmallow and spread using the tip or a tooth pick.
- Place 3-4 marshmallow bits on top of the chocolate icing.
- Cut the tops off of the mini candy canes using kitchen scissors and attach the it on the side of the marshmallow using just a small amount of the white icing on the ends.
- Attach the tree sprinkle on the front of the marshmallow using your white icing.