Best Christmas Crack Recipe
Christmas Crack Recipe is the easiest and most festive Christmas recipe that everyone loves. It’s buttery sweet toffee like texture with the burst of chocolate, and then the M&M’s with the crunchy candy coating just make this impossible to put down.
I just can’t wait to start my holiday baking! My favorite recipes are ones like this, that are simple and fun. I love making Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels and Grinch Popcorn. Plus we have a huge list of 60+ Christmas Treats.
Best Christmas Crack Recipe
This is a great recipe that literally turns plain old Saltine crackers into an irresistible treat than no one can stop eating. This would make a wonderful addition to a dessert table for the holidays, an office brunch, or a terrific Hostess gift.
You could make this easy Christmas crack recipe to bag up for friends to take after a holiday celebration. Keep this one in your favorites, because it will be a recipe you’ll reach for again and again!
How To Make Cracker Candy
Ingredients you will need:
- Saltine Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Holiday M&M’s
To make this you are going to create layers of melted toffee and chocolate on top of a layer of Saltine crackers. First, you will melt together butter and sugars creating a toffee mixture. Quickly pour that over the crackers and bake before adding chocolate chips so they melt evenly. Next top it off with M&M’s.
Making this is super simple but they key here is that you work quickly.
How Long Can You Store Christmas Crack?
If you don’t devour all of this immediately and need to save it, you can store it in an airtight container for up to 10 days. Make sure though, that you keep it in the refrigerator and not at room temperature.
Can You Freeze Christmas Crack?
No, the best way to store it is in the refrigerator. Putting this in the freezer over time changes the texture of the toffee.
We hope you enjoy this Christmas crack candy recipe as much as we do and do your best to not eat the whole batch at once!
Christmas Crack Recipe
- 1 to 2 sleeves of Saltine crackers
- 1 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1 large bag of Red and Green M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Line an 11 X 14 pan with Parchment paper, bottom and sides.
- Place Saltine crackers in the bottom of the pan, and set aside.
- Place the stick of butter in a non stick skillet, and turn the heat to medium.
- When the butter begins to melt, pour the brown sugar in the pan, and add the granulated sugar.
- When the butter melts, and the sugar's are dissolved, turn the heat up to Med-high, and bring the mixture to a soft boil.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, turn off the heat, and pour the toffee mixture over the crackers, working quickly, and spread the mixture evenly with a knife.
- Place the 11 X 14 pan in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the toffee, letting them melt.
- When the chocolate chips begin to melt, spread evenly over the toffee. (If the chocolate chips don't melt completely, place the pan back in the oven (with the oven off) for a couple of minutes, until the chocolate melts, and remove the pan and spread the chocolate to an even layer).
- Sprinkle the M&M's over the melted chocolate, and place the pan in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate has completely set, and hardened, remove the pan from the freezer, and break the Christmas Crack into pieces.
- Serve and Enjoy!