Apple Cupcakes – Back to School
I am loving these sweet apple cupcakes for back to school! Are these not completely beautiful? I just adore them.
Before you get worried and think they are too hard to make, let me stop you. Just because they are gorgeous doesn’t mean they are difficult. They’re actually quite easy! These would be a sweet treat to give to your child’s new teacher on the first day of school.
Yields: 12 decorated cupcakes
- Chocolate cake mix + their required ingredients
- 6 oz. red fondant
- 2 small pretzel stick rods
- Green decorating icing
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Bake your chocolate cake mix as cupcakes. We used red liners to bake them in.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and roll your fondant into 12 spheres – about 1-inch in size each.
- Break pretzel sticks into small pieces and insert one on the top of each fondant sphere. Decorate each fondant apple with green decorating icing (this will act as your apple’s leaf).
- In a stand mixer, start beating butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk on slow speed. Gradually increase to high and once the ingredients are thoroughly combined and smooth, scoop into an icing bag.
- Frost each cupcake and top each cupcake with an apple fondant. Enjoy your adorable Apple Cupcakes!
More Fun Back to School Ideas…