4-ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls recipe is my favorite candy for the Holidays and so incredibly Easy to make! These are like little Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, but in ball form.
I’m pretty much a peanut butter fanatic and love making desserts using peanut butter including out Reese’s Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cups, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. If you love peanut butter like I do, you definitely want to check these out.
How To Make Peanut Butter Balls
These are a must for our Holiday cookie plates and the most requested. They are so simple to make and the kids can make these all by themselves. They might need a little bit of help on the dipping part, or things could get a bit messy.
Ingredients you will need…
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- (optional) Vegetable Shortening or Coconut Oil
First, you make the peanut butter dough…
Then you form the dough into balls…
Next, you dip the balls into the melted chocolate…
Now the dangerous part. Try…just try to eat one. It’s incredibly difficult because these are melt in your mouth delicious!
Add Christmas sprinkles on top of the peanut butter balls for a festive Holiday look. It’s become a family tradition to make these for holidays and parties. These are are so great because it’s a quick and easy no-bake treat when your making a gazillion other goodies. It’s a guaranteed winner for the Christmas cookie tray.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Balls?
Yes! These will freeze perfectly. Make sure the balls are completely set (hardened back up) and line them in a tupperware container. Add a piece of wax or parchment paper on top and repeat until full. Seal the top.
How long do They last?
You can store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
You can also drizzle extra melted chocolate on top for a different look.
Peanut Butter Ball Tips:
- You can use any nut butters for this recipe. Almond butter, cashew butter, etc…
- Make sure the balls are chilled before dipping.
- We love these Chocolate Dipping Tools, but you can always use a fork for dipping. A toothpick will also work. Expect a bit of a mess, but it will work.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30- second increments, or over a double boiler.
- You can use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy if you prefer. We also like to add in Rice Krispies sometimes for some texture.
- Add any type of holiday sprinkles, chopped peanuts, sea salt or whatever you prefer. It’s all good!
4-ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp salted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening or coconut oil optional
- Mix the peanut butter and softened butter together in a mixing bowl. Gradually stir in powdered sugar until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (this will hold it's shape for dipping).
- Melt the chocolate chips according to package instructions.
- Using a fork, dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to fall off. Place the chocolate balls onto wax paper, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Once you try this recipe for chocolate covered peanut butter balls, it will be your go to recipe! It’s SO GOOD!