These fun Camping Recipes for Kids will create so many fun memories for the entire family. We love trying new camping recipes and creating fun food for our camping trips. Here are some great ideas from our latest adventure!
Camping Recipes for Kids
This is our little Serro Scotty Travel Trailer. It’s so cute and we just love it! It is getting a bit small for the 5 of us so we purchased a new tent for my 2 older boys. They loved sleeping outside and we loved the extra room! Watching your kids explore in the woods, making fun nature crafts, cooking over the fire, and being together as a family is what makes camping so special. I hope we fill our boys with wonderful memories of our camping trips.
Campfire Mac & Cheese
The most requested recipe from my boys is Campfire Mac & Cheese. This is so easy to make and this can be made on the grill as well (which is what we did this time).
How To Make Campfire Mac & Cheese
- Boil your macaroni noodles before hand and place them in 2 foil containers. You will need Velveeta cheese and milk. Cut up half of the Velveeta cheese in chunks and mix them in with the noodles. Mix in a little bit of milk (about 1/4 cup for each container.
- We also shred a Rotisserie chicken and mix with barbecue sauce. Place the mixture in the same kind of container before you leave on your camping trip. We place these in large plastic bags to make sure they do not get wet from ice in the cooler.
- Cover with the lids or foil and place them on a grill or over a campfire until heated through.
- This is a favorite with my family and doesn’t take a lot of prep…super easy!
Watermelon Pops from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs…
Walking Tacos via Taste of Home…
How To Make Campfire Cones
- Hershey’s chocolate bars (broken)
- Ice cream cones
Add the ingredients into an ice cream cone wrap them up in foil. Hold them over a campfire or grill until melted. These were a big hit!
Campfire Cinnamon Rolls on a Stick from A Thrifty Mom…
“Beary” Cute S’mores
How To Make “Beary” Cute S’mores
- Cut large & mini marshmallows in half.
- Attach on the large marshmallow halves on front for the nose and the mini marshmallow halves on top for the eyes using chocolate cookie icing.
- Add a mouth with the icing and place on a chocolate chip for the nose and ears.
- Add mini chocolate chips for pupils on the eyes.
- Bring these along pre-made and place them on top of a roasted marshmallow
My 4 year old really loved these! I bet these would put a big smile on anyone’s face! 🙂
Campfire Pizza Pockets
These Campfire Pizza Pockets are awesome to take on a camping trip and my boys loved them! Your kids will love these too!
How To Make Campfire Pizza Pockets
- Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce
We use 2 Pillsbury pizza crusts and this made enough for all 5 of us. Roll out your pizza crust and cut circles using a large round cookie cutter. You could also just cut into squares. Layer your sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Put the other pizza rounds on top and seal with a fork. Heat at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. Wrap them up in foil and put in baggies to keep them out of the water from the cooler). Take the foil wrapped pockets and reheat them over a campfire!
No-Mess Omelets in a Bag from Beyer Beware…
Key Lime White Chocolate S’mores
How To Make Key Lime White Chocolate S’mores
We also wanted to make something different with s’mores & created these Key Lime White Chocolate S’mores. Might sound strange, but these are great!
- Keylime Marshmallow
- Graham Crackers
- Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Chocolate.
How To Make Acorn Treats
Pinch off caramels into small pieces for the stems and press on the top of the wafers. Attach the chocolate kiss to the cookie using chocolate cookie frosting!
Campfire Fruit and Pretzel Snack
How To Make Campfire Fruit and Pretzel Snack
This Camp Fire Fruit Snack that we came up with is one of my personal favorites and a great way to get the kids to eat a healthy snack! It really looks like a fire…so cute!
- Place different fruit slices in the middle of a plate including pineapple, oranges, and red apples.
- Place Pretzel Dipping Sticks around the fruit to look like logs.
Cookies ‘N’ Creme Peanut Butter S’mores…
We created this idea awhile back and it’s our all time favorite S’mores! Just replace the chocolate in your s’mores with a Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme and add peanut butter!
Campfire Rolo Marshmallows from Simply Be Photo…
Camping Hot Dogs
How To Make Camping Hot Dogs
Instead of taking hot dog buns…we like to use Crescent Strips on the grill to make our hot dogs.
- Place half of a cheese slice on the hot dog and wrap the crescent strip around the hot dog.
- Place them on non stick foil and grill until they are done.
- You can also do this over a camp fire using a stick.
These are soooo GOOD! Just replace the chocolate in your s’mores with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup!
Leave us a comment of your camping recipes for kids and memories. We would love to hear them and might give them a try!