Make your next Holiday party festive with this eye-popping Candy Cane Charcuterie Board. It is so colorful and delicious with rows of cheese, meat, raspberries, cranberries, and chocolate-covered pretzels.
Christmas Charcuterie Board
This is the perfect appetizer for the holidays and is made to look exactly like a candy cane. It is so bright with red and white colored foods. It has savory, sweet, and salty-flavored items that will keep you coming back for more.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cheese: I like to use a mixture of white cheddar, goat cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and mozzarella balls.
Meat: I use pepperoni and dry salami for this board.
Fruit: Fresh raspberries and sugared or dried cranberries are perfect for this recipe.
Pretzels: White chocolate-covered pretzels will add a sweet and salty flavor.
How To Make a Candy Cane Charcuterie Board
Step 1. On a medium-sized platter or board in the lower right corner, begin arranging a 2-inch row of cut white cheddar. Place a row of pepperoni right above the white cheddar. Continue with the goat cheese, then the raspberries. Follow with the chocolate-covered pretzels curving slightly to the left to make the top of the candy cane. Place a row of cranberries next to the pretzels, they should be at the top middle of the board.
Step 2. Put the cubed Monterey cheese next to the cranberries turning in the opposite direction of the pretzels to finish the top and begin a smaller side of the candy cane. Fold your salami and place it right next to the cheese before adding the mozzarella balls to complete the candy cane. Add sprigs of rosemary to decorate.
Alternatives For Candy Cane Charcuterie Board:
Here are some great alternatives for white and red ingredients:
- White ingredients: You can use things like crackers, sliced baguette, feta cheese, baby bell cheese, mini brie cheese, nuts like macadamia or blanched almonds, and white chocolate
- Red Ingredients: You can use things like cherry tomatoes, prosciutto, strawberries, sweet cherry peppers, and red candies.
Tips & Tricks
- To keep the cheese from drying out, you will want to make this right before needing to serve.
- You can leave this board out at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Keep any leftover mozzarella balls in the original container.
- The amount of each item will vary depending on the size of the board you are using.
- Place the ingredients in the order that you want, just make sure to alternate between red and white.
- You can use a toothpick to keep the folded meat secure.
More Charcuterie Recipes:
Candy Cane Charcuterie Board
- 2 oz. white cheddar sliced (about ½ cup)
- 1 pepperoni link sliced into disks
- 4 oz. goat cheese roughly crumbled
- ½ cup raspberries fresh
- 1 cup white chocolate-covered pretzels
- ½ cup cranberries sugared or dried
- 2 oz. Monterey jack cheese cubed (about ½ cup)
- 1- oz. salami dry about 8 slices
- 4 oz. mozzarella balls cherry ‘ciliegine’ size about ½ cup
- rosemary sprigs Fresh for decorating
- Arrange a 2-inch row of sliced white cheddar in the lower right corner of a medium-sized platter or board.
- Add a row of sliced pepperoni immediately above the white cheddar. Repeat with the goat cheese and raspberries.
- Add the pretzels above the raspberries creating a slight curve towards the left at the top of the row to start the top of the candy cane.
- Add the cranberries next to the pretzels to create the top of the candy cane. The cranberries should be at the top center of your board.
- Add the cubed Monterey jack cheese next to the cranberries curving the opposite way of the pretzels to complete the top and start the smaller side of the candy cane.
- Fold the salami and add it next to the Monetary jack. Finally, add the mozzarella balls to finish the candy cane.
- Decorate with small sprigs of rosemary.