This Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board is a tree-shaped appetizer board loaded with assorted fruits, meats, and cheeses that is perfect for the holidays.
Christmas Tree Meat and Cheese Board
As the holidays get closer and closer, the family get-together and fun-themed parties are sure to have everyone raving and hungry. This amazing board of assorted food is so eye-popping and of course delicious! This is a great appetizer for people to graze while enjoying festivities.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cheese: You will need a variety of cheeses including cheddar, pepper jack, Colby jack, and fresh mozzarella.
Vegetables: You will use cherry tomatoes and black and green olives that have been cured and pitted to add pops of color.
Meat: You will need pepperoni and salami for this board, but you can add other kinds of meats you like as well.
Fruit: Use green or purple seedless grapes to add a sweet variety of flavors to the board. You will also use pretzels to have a mix of salty flavors.
Equipment: Large Rectangular Platter
How To Make Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
Step 1. You will need a large rectangular platter or wooden board to begin assembling. In a vertical position, put the pretzels on the bottom of the board to make the truck of the Christmas tree. Next, place a row of horizontally positioned rosemary along the bottom to make the base of the tree. Once that is done, begin arranging the ingredients in thin and shorter rows to make a triangle shape. Plan out the tree ahead of time to make you are using a mix of colors.
Step 2. Proceed with the pepperoni slices, then add a combination of pepper jack and Colby cheeses. Next, add a line of black olives, then green grapes. Then, the second row of fresh rosemary to make more branches. Now, add the salami slices and the fresh mozzarella. You will need to fold the salami in half, so it’s important to pair it with the mozzarella balls to prop it up. Add the third layer of rosemary, then cheddar cheese and the green olives.
Step 3. Throughout the entire charcuterie board, make sure to add rows of rosemary to make more tree branches. Finally, add the cherry tomatoes and red grapes. Cut a star shape out of the Colby cheese slice using a star-shaped cookie cutter or shape with a pairing knife. Put the star on top of the tree and put additional pieces of rosemary on the tree where you like. Serve with crackers, pretzels, or bread chips. Enjoy!
What Other Types Of Cheese Work?
If you want a large variety of cheese on your board, you can use your favorites. However, if you need a little help, the best kinds of cheese are Havarti, Swiss, Monterey Jack, or Gouda. You want to choose a cheese that isn’t too crumbly.
How Long Can I Safely Leave Out The Charcuterie Board?
This all depends on the environment you are serving your board in. If it’s very cold, it can last longer compared to it being served out in hot weather. However, it is best to not leave it out for more than 2 hours. But, normally I prefer leaving it out for an hour before placing it in the fridge again.
Tips & Tricks
- You can always make your boards to your liking! Once you get good at building the charcuterie board, nothing can stop you from making a variety of them.
- If you don’t like salami, you can use pepperoni or prosciutto.
- If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, you can use grape tomatoes and cut them in half. Don’t use large ones or it will get too messy.
More Christmas Recipes:
- Candy Sleighs For Christmas
- Very Berry Christmas Cake
- Crockpot Christmas Candy
- Christmas Tree Brownie Bites
Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- Rosemary Fresh
- 8 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese cubed
- 8 oz Colby cheese cubed
- 8 oz mozzarella balls fresh
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup black olives cured and pitted
- 1 cup green olives cured and pitted
- 4 oz pepperoni sliced
- 4 oz salami sliced
- 1 ½ cups seedless grapes green and/or purple
- ½ cup grapes green/purple
- 1 slice Colby Jack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup pretzel sticks
- Use a large rectangular platter or wooden cutting board.
- Place your pretzels vertically at the bottom of the platter/board to create the trunk of the tree.
- Then lay a row of fresh rosemary horizontally across the bottom of the board to establish the base of your tree.
- After that, just begin placing your ingredients in thin, shorter rows to create a triangle.
- Make sure as you are assembling your tree to plan it out using a mix of colors!
- Continue by laying the pepperoni slices
- Then add a mixture of the pepper jack and Colby cheeses
- Next, a row of black olives
- Then a row of green grapes.
- Next, lay another row of rosemary to create branches throughout the tree.
- Then, add your salami and mozzarella balls. This is important because you want to fold your salmi in half and use the mozzarella balls to prop the slices up.
- Add another row of rosemary, then place your cheddar cheese and green olives.
- Continue adding rows of rosemary throughout the assembly to create the look of tree branches.
- Lastly, add your tomatoes and red grapes
- Use a star-shaped cookie cutter (or a paring knife) to cut out a star from a slice of Colby cheese
- Place the star on top and add little springs of rosemary throughout and you’re all set!
- Serve with club crackers, pretzels, or bread chips!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.