This Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board is always such a huge hit at any winter party. It’s loaded with a large variety of hot chocolate toppings, allowing everyone to create their very own creation.
Easy Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
When it comes to colder weather, hot chocolate is always the answer to keep me warm and toasty. This hot chocolate charcuterie board gives you the ultimate array of ingredients to make the perfect cup of hot cocoa in just minutes.
With an eye-popping display, this hot cocoa board is is perfect for the holidays. Serve with a pitcher of hot water and let everyone assemble their own hot chocolate using the ingredients on the board. So fun!
Why You’ll Love This Fun Charcuterie Board
- No slicing or cutting required. The hardest part of a charcuterie board is often slicing and dicing the cheese and other ingredients. With this hot chocolate charcuterie board, you’re using prepared ingredients so there’s no need for slicing or dicing.
- Family-friendly. This charcuterie board is loved by kids and adults alike. The kids think it’s a super fun treat to be able to assemble their own special hot chocolate!
- Perfect for winter. This hot chocolate charcuterie board makes a lovely dessert at any holiday party but can be served all winter long. There’s nothing like a steaming cup of hot chocolate on a cold day!
Here’s an overview of the ingredients you’ll need for your hot chocolate charcuterie board. Scroll down to the recipe card below for measurements.
- Candy: This is all about assortment, so you will want a variety of candy like holiday M&M’s, crushed candy canes, caramels, and red hots candy.
- Chocolate: You will need to grab mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. I also like to use chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.
- Whipped Cream: You can use store-bought, but I prefer my homemade whipped cream recipe.
- Marshmallows: This is a must-have for hot cocoa, I like to use minis, colorful, or different flavored ones to add more color.
- Cookies: I like to add a variety of different cookies. I used fudge stripes cookies, pirouette cookies, white chocolate Oreos, fudge dipped Oreos, fudge sticks, and dark chocolate covered butter biscuits.
- Hot cocoa mix: I love using a homemade hot cocoa mix or Hershey’s brand for the best quality.
Other Ingredient Ideas
One of the best things about charcuterie boards is that they are easy to customize and this hot chocolate charcuterie board is no exception. Here are a few ideas:
- Add a boozy twist and add small bottles of different alcohol, like Baileys or Kahlua.
- Try adding salty foods like popcorn or pretzels to balance out the sweet flavors.
- If you want more desserts added, you can try fudge, whoopie pies, donuts, wafers, or your choice.
- Cinnamon sticks for stirring
- Chocolate dipped spoons
How To Make Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
You’ll be shocked at how easy this hot cocoa charcuterie board is to make!
- Assemble. Arrange the ingredients as shown above. I like to add the sauces in small dishes first, then add the marshmallows and begin filling in the spots with candy.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few things to keep in mind when assembling your hot chocolate charcuterie board.
- Make sure the ingredients stay on the board. Arrange everything so that none of the small candies roll off the board. I recommend using a board with lifted edges.
- Adjust the ingredients. Feel free to omit any ingredients you don’t like or don’t have and replace them with additional ingredients of your choosing.
- Add a seasonal twist. You can customize this hot chocolate charcuterie board to Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, or any other occasion based on the ingredients added. You could also arrange it in a heart, candy cane, or tree shape.
- Change the size. You can make this charcuterie board as big or little as you desire. Just adjust the amount of each ingredient added to fit the size of your board.
Serve your hot chocolate charcuterie board with a pitcher of hot water or milk, some mugs, and spoons.
Let guests fill their mug with their hot beverage and add in some hot cocoa mixture along with any desired toppings. The candy and cookies can be used as hot cocoa toppings or just enjoyed alongside the beverage!
More Charcuterie Board Ideas
- Bunny Charcuterie Board
- Pumpkin Snack Board
- Holiday Breakfast Charcuterie Board
- Easter Charcuterie Board
Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- M&M's Holiday
- 10 oz bag mini chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 4 cups whipped cream
- Marshmallows Assorted
- 1/2 cup candy canes crushed
- 11 oz package caramels
- 1/2 cup red hots candy
- Fudge Stripes Cookies Mini, Keebler
- Pirouette Cookies Pepperidge Farm
- White Chocolate and Fudge Dipped Oreos
- Fudge Sticks Keebler
- Butter Biscuits Dark Chocolate Covered
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate Syrup
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Assemble ingredients on board as pictured. Serve with hot chocolate.