Candy Corn Sugar Cookies are meant to look like the tasty Halloween candy called ‘Candy Corn’. This amazing cookie is dipped in melted milk and white chocolate.
Halloween Sugar Cookies
This recipe is the perfect idea for a gift for Halloween. You can wrap them in plastic and tie them with a themed bow to give to your friends and family. These simple and quick cookies are so good with a yummy chocolate coating. It is like candy corn blown up into a bigger size!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: Use all-purpose flour for the best results along with baking powder to allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
Extract: To add flavor to these cookies you will need pure vanilla and almond extract. Using pure will give the strongest flavor.
Food Coloring: You will need to color the cookie batter with orange food coloring. Specifically, squirt gel so it blends easily.
Chocolate Chips: You will need milk chocolate chips to dip one end and white chocolate to dip the other.
How To Make Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
Step 1. Set the oven to 375 degrees. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Put the butter and sugar into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Put the egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract into the mixing bowl and combine well. Pour in half of the dry ingredients and combine. Put in the milk and the remaining dry ingredients and combine again until fully incorporated. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill until firm.
Step 2. Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick between sheets of plastic wrap. Place on a sheet lined with parchment paper leaving about 2-inches. Place in the oven for 9-11 minutes to bake. Add the chocolate chips to a heat-safe bowl with 1 tsp of shortening and melt in 30-second intervals. Mix between each increment until smooth and fully melted. Repeat with the white chocolate and add 1 tsp of shortening to that as well. Dip the cookies into the prepared milk chocolate on one end and the other end in the white. Let it rest on parchment paper until firm. Serve and enjoy!
Decorating Candy Corn Cookies?
If you want to make these cookies pop, even more, you can add sprinkles on top. I recommend using candy corn-colored sprinkles like orange and white. You will need to make sure to add the sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. You can also drizzle more chocolate in the middle of the cookies if desired.
How To Store Candy Corn Sugar Cookies?
Place the leftover cookies in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for the best storage method. These cookies can be stored at room temperature or placed in the freezer to last up to 3 months.
Tips & Tricks
Its best to roll the dough and put the dough in the oven in a cold room because the dough will soften quickly in high temperatures. If the dough becomes too soft, put it in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
Once you dip the cookies the chocolate may begin to harden, place it in the microwave for more than 10 seconds to re-melt and mix until smooth.
More Candy Corn Recipes:
- Candy Corn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Candy Corn Cookies
- New Blackberry Cobbler Candy Corn
- Halloween Candy Corn Fruit Pops
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
- 1 ½ cups flour all-purpose
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter unsalted, room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar granulated
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 food coloring squirt gel, orange
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Shortening
- Oven Temperature: 375°F
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar untilsmooth.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, and almond extract to the mixing bowl. Beat untilmixed well.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and beat until combined. Addthe milk and the rest of the flour mixture and beat well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Roll out between sheets of plastic wrap until ¼”thick.
- Transfer to a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Leave 2 inches
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of shortening in30-second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is almost fully melted.Stir until it’s melted. Repeat with white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of shortening.Dip one end of the cookie in chocolate and one end in white chocolate. Let sit onparchment paper until it’s hardened. Serve.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.