Crochet Miniature Dragons
Crocheting is such a fun time to spend your day, especially while staying home all day long. If you love to crochet, you will want to try these crochet miniature dragons! They are so cute you will want to make them all!
These dragons are so cute, mainly because there are so many tiny details to make up these miniature dragons. You can see their eyes, their little wings, and their cute little face. What makes them so adorable to me is their little head tilt, it gets me every time. It’s a mini version of this life sized crochet dragon.
NancyOpps created the pattern for these dragons. This pattern has 25 pages of the instructions on how to make it along with 140 pictures along the way! It has all the details to make these creations perfect. It is also perfect for both visual and textual learners. Either way, you will be able to create this masterpiece!
She also created a pattern for a miniature octopus too!
However, for those that don’t have the time or patience to crochet one of these mini dragons, you can get them premade off of Etsy!
There is a variety to choose from, as not all dragons will be the same.
How to Make Your Own
Along with the pattern, available on Etsy, you will need many other materials including:
- Embroidery floss in Main Color, skein separated (stripped) into individual strands
- Embroidery floss in an additional color for the wings, scales, and tail
- A length of black sewing thread for the eyebrows and nostrils
- A length of white sewing thread for the white of the eye
- Rip-resistant thread for cinching
- Crochet hook 0.5 mm, which is a US Steel Crochet Hook Size 18
- Glass toy eyes diameter 2 mm
- Glue gel
- Thin beading needle, diameter 0.45 mm
- Sharp nail scissors
- Stuffing (polyester fiberfill)
- A toothpick or broken felting needle – used to insert stuffing
- For blushing – oil pastel and toothpick
The pattern only costs $10. It states that basic crochet skills are a prerequisite, so anyone should be able to crochet these miniature dragons!