Looking for a delicious Detox Salad that is delicious and healthy? This salad is perfect for jump starting your healthy eating habits and get you into a healthy routine. Tasty and full of the best foods, this salad is perfect during the cold months in order to boost your immune system right through spring.
Looking for other ways to detox your system through healthy eating? Try this healthy Cabbage Roll Soup.
This Detox Salad is filled with colorful vegetables that is sure to get your body fueled and ready for a new healthy eating plan. The dressing is packed with flavors that will ensure that this is a great tasting meal.
What is a Detox Salad
A detox salad is a salad that features a lot of vegetables that are high in antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients. A detox salad is a great way to start a diet or just trying to jump-start your body to give you a terrific energy boost.
Can the Detox Salad Be Made Ahead
You can make this Detox Salad ahead. You can assemble to salad and store it together in an airtight container. The dressing can be made at the same time and stored in another container. However, you do not want to add the dressing to the salad until it is time to serve. The salad can become soggy if you combine the salad and dressing together and let it sit. I also recommend only dressing the amount of salad that will be eaten at one time.
How Long Does Detox Salad Last
Once you have made the salad it will last for about 3 days in the refrigerator. The dressing will last longer about a week when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Once the salad is dressed, it will only last for a short time, about a few hours, before it becomes too soggy to be enjoyable.
Can Protein Be Added
You can certainly add protein to this salad. Grilled chicken, grilled pork or grilled steak can be added. Since this is a healthy salad, you will want to add clean proteins.
Ingredients in Detox Salad
- Red cabbage
- Red bell pepper
- Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- Green onions
- Golden raisins
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
Ingredients in Healthy Salad Dressing
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Maple syrup
- Garlic salt
- Minced garlic
How to Make Detox Salad
Chop the kale, red cabbage, and broccoli. Place them in a colander and rinse well under cool water. Let the vegetables drain well.
Peel the carrots. Chop into bite sized pieces.
Wash the red pepper and chop into bite sized pieces.
Wash the parsley and chop into small pieces.
Dice the green onions.
Place all of the chopped ingredients into a large salad bowl and toss together.
Add the raisins, walnuts, sesame seeds into the bowl. Put the salad into the refrigerator.
How to Make Healthy Salad Dressing
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, ginger, maple syrup, garlic salt, and minced garlic into a blender. Blend together.
- First, chop the Kale, cabbage, and Broccoli, and place them, separately, in a colander, and rinse well under cool running water, then place on paper towels to drain.
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Wash the red pepper, and chop into bite size pieces.
- Wash the Parsley, and chop into fine pieces, and lay on paper towels to drain.
- Clean and chop the green onions.
- Place all ingredients that have been washed and chopped into a large salad bowl, and toss.
- Add the raisins, walnuts, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a blender, place the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, ginger, maple syrup, garlic salt, and minced garlic, and blend all ingredients until completely mixed.
- Place the Dressing in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, shake the dressing well, and pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to coat salad in dressing. Serve, and Enjoy!