This summer salad recipe is refreshing and perfect for summer. Watermelon Salad with cucumbers, basil, feta cheese and a homemade dressing is the perfect warm weather side dish. I love to take this to BBQ’s because it’s quick and easy.
Refreshing Summer Salad with Watermelon
If you love watermelon then this quick recipe is one you will really enjoy. The flavors of juicy watermelon go so well with cucumber and basil. Add on top the honey vinegar dressing and voila. All this takes is a few minutes to dice up the fruits and veggies, pour on a dressing and toss. Truly, it’s super quick. Everyone at your next BBQ will be asking for the recipe.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Watermelon – cut into cubes.
- Cucumbers – diced and with the seeds removed. Or you can use English cucumbers which are smaller, sweeter and have less seeds.
- Red Onion – thinly sliced.
- Feta Cheese – crumbled; you can add more or less based on your preference.
- Chopped Basil – or you can use mint here if you prefer.
- Olive Oil – the base of the dressing.
- Red Wine Vinegar – this has a tangy flavor and is typical in vinaigrettes.
- Honey – to add sweetness.
- Salt – to taste.
How to Make Watermelon Salad
First, cut and dice up your fruit and veggies and put them in a large bowl. We cut the watermelon into chunks but you can make them smaller, more bite-sized pieces if you’d like.
Add the feta, basil in.
Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar and honey
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Feel free to get creative with this salad and remove or add ingredients to make it perfect for you.
How To Store the Watermelon Salad
This can last in the fridge in an air-tight container for about 3-4 days.
More Summer Salad Recipes
- Add watermelon, diced cucumber, feta, basil and red onion to a large shallow salad bowl/dish.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and salt until combined.
- Pour over salad ingredients, then gently toss.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.