These Halloween Pudding Cups with Oreo cookies are a really fun treat to make with kids. Grab a marker and let’s make a Jack-O-Lantern and Frankenstein!
Making fun treats around the holidays is one of our favorite traditions. You can get really creative at Halloween, especially with food! We recently made Bat Twinkies, Dracula Donuts and Bat Ice Cream. There are just so many fun snack ideas here.
Halloween Pudding Cups
Not only are these super adorable, they’re also really easy. If you’ve ever made pudding from a box mix before, then you’ll know how simple it is. We use that and dye them orange and green with food coloring. Yep, that’s it!
The topping is simple crushed Oreo cookies. Easy peasy.
You can smash the cookies in a baggie with your hand or a rolling pin, but I like to use the food processor. It makes it a lot easier and crushing cookies this way is just so satisfying to watch.
How To Draw The Faces
You certainly do not need to be an artist to draw these Halloween faces. For the Jack-O-Lantern, the eyes and nose are simple triangles. The mouth can be drawn however you’d like, but we started with a smiley face and then drew around a bottom tooth.
Onto Frankenstein! Start with two circle eyes and then add some angry eye brows. Next, draw on a normal smile, but make the line squiggle a bit. Add horizontal lines in the middle. Then, add a few scars with the same technique on his cheeks.
You can get extra creative and try maybe making dracula, a ghost or a bat. The possibilities are endless. Have fun!
Halloween Pudding Cups
- Place one box of instant pudding mix into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in 2 cups of milk, and let the mixture set for a few minutes.
- Once set, add in orange food coloring, and whisk to combine.
- Fill 2-4 clear plastic cups with the orange pudding mixture; leave an inch or two of space at the top.
- Place 5 Oreo cookies into a food processor, and chop lightly.
- Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top of each filled pudding cup.
- Use the Sharpie marker to draw a jack-o-lantern face on the front of each of the cups.
- Repeat steps 1-7 with the green food coloring and other box of pudding mix.
- Use the Sharpie to draw a Frankenstein face on the front of each of the green pudding filled cups.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Black Sharpie marker
- Clear plastic cups