Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This really is one of those recipes that everyone loves. Even people who don’t like spicy foods will love this recipe because you can add just as much hot sauce as you want. Frank’s red hot sauce is a popular choice, but you can use any brand you prefer. I’ve even substituted enchilada sauce in this recipe to add flavor without a lot of heat.
Can I make this dip with canned chicken?
I like to make this recipe with rotisserie chicken, however, I have made this recipe making canned chicken as well. When using canned chicken, you will want 2 large cans. Start by draining the chicken first. Then fluff it with a fork. After that, you can follow the recipe.
What can I serve buffalo chicken cheese dip with that is keto?
When making this cheese dip, you want to serve it with something keto. While many people like to serve this with crackers and tortilla chips, you can use the keto taco shells as crackers. You can also serve this dip with celery, peppers or other low carb vegetables. Dehydrated vegetable chips, like kale chips or zucchini chips, also make a good option. You can also dip pork rinds into this dip if you prefer something salty and crunchy!
Can I eat this dip cold?
While this dip is normally served hot, after it is has cooled, you can serve it at room temperature. I have also served this dip cold after it has been saved in the refrigerator. The dip takes on a harder texture as well and the cheese is solid. There is really no wrong way to serve this recipe because it is just that good!
Ingredients for hot wing dip
- rotisserie chicken
- cream cheese
- black pepper
- hot sauce
- blue cheese dressing
- blue cheese crumbles
- green onion
How to make baked chicken dip
Start with a preheated oven. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, blue cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Transfer it to a casserole dish. Sprinkle blue cheese over the top. Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and garnish the chopped green onions. Serve hot with celery sticks and pork rinds.
Keto Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken - shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, salt and pepper, hot sauce and blue cheese dressing to a medium mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer to a small casserole dish. Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped green onions on top, for garnish.
- Serve hot with celery sticks and pork rinds.