Loaded Potato Casserole is creamy and savory using shredded potatoes loaded with seasonings, cheddar cheese, bacon, cream cheese, and sour cream.
Cheesy Potato Casserole
Do you need a side to make your dinner more filling or want something that you can bake to feed a crowd of people at a party? These delicious loaded potatoes are to die for and will have everyone itching for another plate. These are so addicting and simple to make, so you will want them every day of the week.
This recipe is very similar to our Crack Potatoes, but a few minor changes (including the type of hash browns used).
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cream Cheese: This is combined with sour cream to make the potatoes ultra creamy and rich.
Seasonings: Use a combination of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and ranch dressing mix to season the potatoes.
Cheese: I prefer to use cheddar cheese for this recipe, but you can use any cheese that you like.
Bacon: Cook your bacon either turkey or regular and dice up to load up the potatoes and add a smokey flavor.
Hash Browns: You will use shredded potatoes for this recipe but you can use other forms that you like.
How To Make Loaded Potato Casserole
Step 1. Set the oven to 400 degrees. Use non-stick spray to grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and ranch dressing mix into an extra large bowl and beat to combine. Once the ingredients are softened enough, use a fork to mash until fully incorporated.
Step 2. Put in the 2 cups of cheese and half of the chopped bacon and combine. Put in the shredded hash browns and combine them again. Pour into the pan and use a spatula to spread out evenly. Place into the oven to bake for 40 minutes. Take it out and add the rest of the 1 cup of cheese and the rest of the bacon on top before baking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Make These Crack Potatoes Ahead Of Time?
Yes! You can prepare the potatoes and store them in an airtight container until you are ready to bake. These can last up to 5 days in the fridge and up to 2 months in the freezer.
How To Reheat Potato Casserole?
This recipe is very easy to store and heat up when you want to enjoy them again. You can keep the potatoes in the baking dish and heat them up in the microwave or in the oven.
Tips & Tricks
- You can use cubed hash browns for this recipe as a substitute.
- If you don’t have cream cheese, you can just double the amount of sour cream. So, you will need about 32 ounces of sour cream.
- Add some pepper jack cheese or red pepper flakes to add some spice!
- If you want to cut the calories to this dish, you can use turkey bacon, light cream cheese, and light sour cream.
More Potato Recipes:
Loaded Potato Casserole
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 – 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 – 1 oz packages Ranch Dressing mix
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 1 lb. bacon cooked, chopped and divided
- 1 – 30 oz bag hash brown potatoes shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a 9X13 baking dish by spraying the bottom and sides with non-stick spray.
- Using a very large bowl, mix together the cream cheese (once it is well softened it can be mashed with a fork but I find that it’s easier to fully incorporate it by using an electric mixer), sour cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Ranch Dressing mix.
- Then stir in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and about half of the chopped bacon. Add and mix in the hashbrown potatoes.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake the casserole covered for 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese and the remaining bacon. Return the casserole to the oven to continue baking, uncovered, for another 10 minutes.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Loaded Potato Casserole”