Pecan Ball Cookies are everything a pecan lover could want in a cookie. The recipe is simple and delicately sweet and delicious.
If you love pecans, this is a recipe that will become one of your favorites. You’ll also want to take a peek at some of the other sweets that feature pecans, like this Homemade Hummingbird Cake and everyone’s favorite, the famous Turtle Brownie Cheesecake!
Pecan Ball Cookies
Sometimes you just want a cookie that isn’t overwhelmingly sweet. Yes, there’s sugar in the recipe (of course) and you roll the completed pecan balls into confectioner’s sugar.
But even with that, the sweet taste is light and doesn’t overpower the flavor of the pecans.
A Cookie Scoop Saves the Day
If you don’t already own a cookie scoop, oh my gosh! You need one in your baking arsenal. You won’t regret it and they only cost a few bucks.
Measuring the dough perfectly every time becomes so much easier.
Half of the cookies won’t look as though it was made for an elf white another looks so big it’s almost comical.
More importantly, when your Pecan Ball Cookies are all roughly the same size, they’ll bake more evenly.
No more half crunchy and half soft cookies.
Confectioner’s Sugar, Powdered Sugar, or Icing Sugar?
Guess what? They’re all the exact same thing. The same powdery white sugar is called by different names in different parts of the country.
Make Your Own Powdered Sugar
Put simply, powdered sugar is nothing but regular granulated sugar and cornstarch. That’s it!
Mix 1 cup of granulated sugar with 1 TBSP cornstarch and blend it like crazy in a good blender.
The 10x you sometimes see on a bag of confectioner’s sugar? That refers to the number of times the sugar was blended.
Live and learn, right?
Pecan Ball Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups Pecans finely chopped/ground
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered confectioners' sugar to dust
- 1/2 cup crushed pecan
- Place pecans in a food processor or small chopper.
- Ground until almost ground.
- In a standing mixer bowl beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix for 5 minutes.
- Add in salt, and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Beat until combined.
- Add the remaining dry mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add in the crushed pecans and mix until incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with a parchment paper loosely.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball.
- Place on baking sheet spaced about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add powdered confectioners' sugar, and crushed pecans, stir to combine.
- Place the cookie in the powder sugar bowl and coat evenly.
- Repeat until all cookies are coated.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.