Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies Recipe
This pumpkin spice muddy buddies recipe is the perfect fall treat. Easy to make and delicious, it is great for parties and get-togethers, or just because you like pumpkin spice. A bowl of this on your desk keeps you satisfied all day long with a sweet and crunchy snack!
Looking for another pumpkin spice recipe? You have to try these Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. I can not even put into words how good they are, and perfect for making in large batches to share with friends and family!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies Recipe
Muddy Buddy is one of those recipes that people wonder about when they hear the name, but one bite and they are hooked. It is no surprise either, these candy-coated cereals topped with powdered sugar are so good, it is addicting. Instead of chocolate and peanut butter of the traditional version, these are coated in a delicious pumpkin spice mixture. This gives you a fun new spin on a classic muddy buddies recipe, without sacrificing the famous crunch and sweetness expected.
How Long Does This Puppy Chow Recipe Last?
Because the ingredients of a muddy buddy, also called puppy chow, is made from shelf stable ingredients, it does not need to be refrigerated. Make sure to keep the puppy chow covered well in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. As long as the puppy chow is stored properly, it will typically be good for one week.
As cereal tends to get soggy easily, don’t cover the container of this recipe until it is set and cooled. Condensation in a container can cause your puppy chow recipe to go soft, and that just isn’t any fun.
Variations on Chex Muddy Buddies Flavors
When it comes to making Chex Muddy Buddies, you can make all kinds of flavors. If you want to make different flavors of muddy buddies, you can try different chip flavors. There are mint chocolate chip, caramel, peanut butter, and many other types of flavors. You can also add in extracts to give the basic ingredients different flavors. It is easy to do different things with this recipe.
Muddy Buddies Ingredients
- pumpkin spice chips
- Chex cereal
- powdered icing sugar
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies
- 2 cups pumpkin spice chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening if needed
- 4-5 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pumpkin spice chips in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and heat for 35 seconds. Stir and reheat as needed.
- If your pumpkin spice chips seem stiff, add some shortening to loosen it up.
- Stir in the Chex cereal and coat completely.
- Place the powdered icing sugar in a large zip-top bag and add in the candy-coated cereal.
- Close the bag and shake well to fully coat the cereal with sugar.
- Empty the cereal onto the prepared baking sheet. Let dry for an hour before packaging or serving.