Sour Cream Biscuits are soft, buttery, fluffy and made with only 3-ingredients. They are so easy to make and the perfect addition for breakfast or dinner.
This easy biscuit recipe is delicious and only requires just a few ingredients. All you need is a muffin pan and they turn out perfect every time. They are tender and moist with a delicious flavor. These will for sure become a regular in your household.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sour Cream: This will make the biscuits have a very tender and slightly tangy flavor. You will also add salted butter to add and bring out the flavor.
Flour: You will need to use self-rising flour so they rise properly in the oven.
How To Make Sour Cream Biscuits
Step 1. Set the oven to 375 degrees. Place the melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Combine the butter and sour cream using a whisk until smooth. Add the flour into the butter mixture and combine using a wooden spoon.
Step 2. Add the prepared dough into 12-count muffin tin about 2/3 of the way. You don’t have to worry about greasing the pan. Place the pan into the oven for 20-23 minutes to bake until light brown. Allow the biscuits to cool in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks For The Best Homemade Biscuits:
Here are a few great tips for making delicious biscuits in no time!
- These are amazing when warm, but taste just as delicious at room temperature.
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days for the best storage method.
- This is a quick recipe so they pair well with many recipes.
What To Serve With Sour Cream Biscuits?
I love enjoying these biscuits with things like butter, jam, or sausage gravy. You can eat these with breakfast foods like sausage, potatoes, eggs, bacon, etc. You can also serve any kind of meat like chicken, steak, pork, and turkey. Also, have these alongside roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, etc.
More Biscuit Recipes:
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Blueberry Biscuit Bombs
Sour Cream Biscuits (3-ingredients)
- 1 cup salted butter 2 sticks
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl melt the butter.
- To the butter whisk in the sour cream until well combined and smooth.
- Next using a wooden spoon stir in the flour until it is all incorporated.
- Spoon the dough ⅔ of the way up a 12-count muffin tin. No need to grease the pan.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before moving to a cooling rack.