These Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments are the perfect addition to your Holiday decor! Made with applesauce and cinnamon, these homemade Christmas ornaments makes your home smell amazing and also fun for the kids to make. Add one to your tree or give one as a gift!
Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments
Making homemade ornaments is something that not only gives you a treasured keepsake but is also fun to make with the kids. This DIY Cinnamon Applesauce Ornament is the perfect craft to make with your kids this holiday season! It’s easy, fun, and will look great on your Christmas tree. Plus it smells amazing!
What are Cinnamon Ornaments?
Cinnamon Ornaments are made like any recipe and then baked for a Christmas tree decoration. This has become a Christmas tradition in our home and we love looking back on the homemade ornaments we have created the previous years.
Ingredients and Supplies You Will Need:
- Applesauce– It doesn’t matter what kind of apple sauce you use. This is the base of the ornament and will give such an amazing smell.
- Cinnamon– You need a lot of cinnamon. This is the binder for the applesauce. When these two ingredients come together, look out for an incredible scent.
- White Puffy Paint– This is for painting the ornaments.
- String- we use bakers twine for hanging the ornament on a tree.
How to Make Cinnamon Ornaments
- Step 1- Dough. Put the apple sauce and cinnamon in a bowl and combine until it forms a dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to about 1/4″ thick and use some cinnamon to dust it to prevent stickiness.
- Step 2- Cutting. Slice the prepared dough into triangles and set it on a baking sheet, then place it into the oven for 1 1/2 hours to bake at 200 degrees.
- Step 3- Decorating. Use the white puff paint to decorate the triangles to look like trees (or any shapes you prefer) and use twine to create a loop like an ornament on the back to hang it up.
- Step 4- Hang up and Enjoy!
- Shapes: cut the dough into any shapes using cookie cutters like snowflakes, reindeers, or any Christmas shape.
- Hanging: attach the string on the backside or cut out a hole at the top using a straw.
- Cookies: try our Gingerbread Men Cookie recipe instead.
- Decorating: change out the puffy paint to glitter glue.
How Long Do Cinnamon Ornaments Last?
This cinnamon ornament is the best because it will last for a very long time. You get to enjoy your own little unique ornament for years!
More Apple Cinnamon Recipes:
- Apple Cinnamon Buns
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
Cinnamon Applesauce Ornament
- Combine apple sauce and cinnamon until a dough forms.
- Roll dough out to ¼ “ thick. Use extra cinnamon to dust the surface and a rolling pin to help prevent sticking.
- Cut triangles out of the dough.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 ½ hour at 200 degrees.
- When cool, create tree shapes using white paint.
- Add a loop of baker’s twine to the back for hanging.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- White puff paint
- Baker’s twine