Tired of the same old, boring ornaments on your tree? These hand-made Apple Cinnamon Ornaments are the perfect addition to your holiday decor! Made with applesauce and cinnamon, this ornament is sure to add some flavor to your festivities. Add one to your tree or give one as a gift—either way, you can’t go wrong with this sweet little ornament.
DIY Cinnamon Ornaments For Christmas
Making homemade ornament is something that not only gives you a treasured keepsake but is also fun to make with the kids. This DIY Cinnamon Apple Ornament is the perfect craft to make with your kids this holiday season! It’s easy, fun, and will look great on your Christmas tree. Plus it smells amazing!
What are Cinnamon Ornaments?
Cinnamon Apple Ornaments are a type of decoration that you can make and bake to hang up on your very own Christmas tree. These little triangle-shaped ornaments are a fun way to bake and bond with your family.
Important Supplies You Will Need:
- Applesauce– It doesn’t matter what kind of apple sauce you use. This is the base of the ornament and will give such an amazing smell.
- Cinnamon– You need a lot of cinnamon. This is the binder for the applesauce. When these two ingredients come together, look out for an incredible scent.
- White Puff Paint– This is for painting the ornaments.
How to Make Cinnamon Ornaments
Step 1- Dough.
Put the apple sauce and cinnamon in a bowl and combine until it forms a dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to about 1/4″ thick and use some cinnamon to dust it to prevent stickiness.
Step 2- Cutting.
Slice the prepared dough into triangles and set it on a baking sheet, then place it into the oven for 1 1/2 hours to bake at 200 degrees.
Step 3- Decorating.
Use the white puff paint to decorate the triangles to look like trees and use twine to create a loop like an ornament on the back to hang it up.
Hang up and Enjoy!
How long do cinnamon ornaments last?
This cinnamon ornament is the best because it will last for a very long time. You get to enjoy your own little unique ornament for years!
More Apple Cinnamon Recipes:
- Apple Cinnamon Buns
- Instant Pot Apple-Cinnamon Cheesecake
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
Cinnamon Apple Ornament
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 ½ cups ground cinnamon
- Combine apple sauce and cinnamon until a dough forms.
- Roll dough out to ¼ “ thick. Use extra cinnamon to dust the surface and a rolling pin to help prevent sticking.
- Cut triangles out of the dough.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 ½ hour at 200 degrees.
- When cool, create tree shapes using white paint.
- Add a loop of baker’s twine to the back for hanging.
- White puff paint
- Baker’s twine