Apple and cinnamon are some of the best combinations of flavor. What better way to enjoy this recipe, than these delicious Apple Cinnamon Buns. Enjoy these cinnamon buns for breakfast or as a dessert after dinner.
Apple Spice Cinnamon Buns
It’s time to apple spice up some cinnamon buns for breakfast! These delicious cinnamon buns are for sure going to start your mornings off great or end your busy day with happiness. If you have any upcoming occasions, then be sure to include this Instant Pot Apple-Cinnamon Cheesecake or these other quick and easy 10 Minute Apple Cinnamon Rolls on the menu.
- Milk– Use lukewarm whole or 2% milk.
- Yeast– Use this to allow the cinnamon buns to rise.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Brown Sugar– Use this to add richness to the cinnamon buns.
- Cinnamon– Use this for additional flavoring.
- Nutmeg– Use this to create a wonderful aroma.
- Apples– Use medium gala or granny smith apples.
- Cream Cheese– Use softened or at room temperature.
- Icing sugar– Use this to top your cinnamon buns.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Buns
To start, in a small bowl, add in the milk with yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar and let rest for about 5-7 minutes to bloom.
First, add the butter and sugar into an electric mixer and combine them with the eggs.
Secondly, half at a time, add in the flour and combine.
Thirdly, use a dough hook to combine the yeast mixture and flour mixture until combined.
Next, continue to knead or knead with hands for 5 minutes on a floured surface.
In addition, add 1 teaspoon of oil into a medium bowl and place the dough in to set covered in a warm place for 35-45 minutes.
To begin, add the cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg into a bowl.
Secondly, prepare and slice your apples.
Thirdly, place the dough on a floured surface after it has doubled and rolled out into a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
Next, soften butter to evenly spread onto the dough avoiding the edges.
Afterward, add cinnamon topping on the butter and top with apple slices.
In addition, roll up the dough into a log and cut it into 1 1/2 -inch pieces.
Furthermore, arrange the buns into 1 or 2 baking dishes about 2-3-inches apart, then set in a warm place for 30 minutes. (covered)
Finally, bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees until light brown.
To finish, cool slightly and flip the buns onto a baking sheet or large dish to hold.
To begin, add the cream cheese and icing sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
Next, a tablespoon at a time, add in the vanilla and milk until the consistency is reached.
Lastly, drizzle on top of the cinnamon buns.
Serve and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love These Apple Cinnamon Rolls?
You will love these cinnamon rolls because they are quick and easy to make. This recipe is also warm and gooey and great for someone needing to cure a sweet tooth. This cinnamon bake will be great for feeding a crowd of people for any occasion or serving breakfast or brunch.
How to Store Cinnamon Rolls?
These cinnamon rolls can be stored in an air-tight container for the best storage method. This recipe can be stored at room temperature, in the fridge, or freezer. Keeping this recipe in the fridge or freezer will extend the shelf life greatly.
More Apple Recipes:
- Apple Cinnamon Buns Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
Apple Cinnamon Buns
- 3/4 cup milk lukewarm
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast 1 package
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Warm milk and add to a small bowl. Sprinkle in yeast and a teaspoon of sugar. Set aside for 5-7 minutes to allow the yeast to bloom.
- With an electric mixer, mix together butter and sugar. Add eggs. Mix. Add flour, half at a time, mixing well.
- If you have a dough hook, use it for the next step.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture. Mix until well combined. You can continue to knead with a dough hook, or place on a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add a teaspoon of olive oil and put the dough into it to rise. Cover and place in a warm place for 35-45 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing together cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Slice apples.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place it on a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll out to a rectangle, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread softened butter evenly onto dough, leaving edges free of butter. Sprinkle topping mixture evenly onto the butter. Add apple slices.
- Carefully roll the dough up. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices. Place in one or two 9x13 baking dishes, 2-3 inches apart. Cover and set in a warm place again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 35 degrees F. Bake buns 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once slightly cooled, overturn buns onto a baking sheet or dish large enough to hold the buns.
- To make the icing, beat cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Add milk, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Pour onto buns.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
-ooey-gooey, fluffy, and flavourful