Apple Pie Tacos are stuffed with apple filling and cheesecake inside crunchy taco shell made with a delicious cinnamon sugar mixture. This is a perfect fall dessert recipe that will go quick!
I love making new recipes with apples in the fall. Since one of our favorite activities is apple picking, we always need to find fun recipes to use all of our pickings. You’re going to love this fun fall treat.
Apple Pie Tacos
We are going to make these apple and cheesecake filled dessert tacos by first making a cinnamon shell, then filling with a homemade cheesecake filling and topping it off with apple pie filling. It’s a simple recipe with big flavor.
This is a treat that people really adore because they taste great and they just look so cute. Everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
Here Are The Ingredients You’ll Need
For the shells:
- Flour Tortillas.
For the filling:
- Cream Cheese. Let sit out to room temperature.
- Heavy Cream. Heavy cream has one of the highest butterfat content than the other creams.
- Vanilla. Always try to use real vanilla extract and not imitation, if you can.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Lemon Zest. To make zest, rub a fresh lemon along a grater.
- Apple Pie Filling. Using the can filling makes this recipe a lot easier and quicker.
How To Make Apple Cheesecake Tacos
- Taco shells. Cut the tortillas into smaller circles with a cookie cutter. Dip them in butter, then cinnamon and sugar and bake them in an upside down muffin tin.
- Cheesecake. Mix up your cheesecake batter and let it chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Fill. Put your cheesecake into a piping bag and fill all of your tacos. Then scoop some of your apple pie filling on top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle more cinnamon sugar and enjoy.
See, it’s pretty simple, right? I just adore recipes that look so creative and pretty but don’t take me a lot of time in the kitchen.
Store these in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. These are best enjoyed the day they are made since the crisp cinnamon shell can start to get soft and soggy after a few days.
Serve these up to celebrate the first day of Fall, on Thanksgiving or really anytime you feel like a tasty treat!
More Recipes To Try
Apple Pie Tacos
- 5 - 8 inch Tortillas
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter - melted
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 16 ounces of cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 - 21 ounce can of Apple Pie Filling
- Place the can of Apple pie filling in the refrigerator to chill.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds, stir until melted and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and stir well to mix.
- Using a large biscuit/cookie cutter, cut out rounds from the tortillas (about 2 rounds each Tortilla).
- Dip the Tortilla cut outs into the melted butter, and then dip them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Turn a muffin pan upside down and place the tortillas between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool on the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Remove all the taco shells from the back of the muffin tin, when cool to the touch, and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Mix the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream, lemon zest and vanilla and mix well, to make sure all ingredients are well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again for 2 minutes on medium speed, until completely blended smooth, and thickened.
- Place the cheesecake mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- After the shells are cool and the cheesecake is chilled, transfer the cheesecake to a piping bag.
- Pipe the cheesecake into the taco shells, filling them about 3/4 of the way in the shell.
- Top with a teaspoon of Apple Pie Filling and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 - 2 muffin tins
- Large biscuit or cookie cutter
- Wire cooling rack