Looking for a super special breakfast treat or dessert that can be made in a snap? This Cherry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring is perfect! Crescent rolls shaped into a ring and topped with sweet cream cheese, cherries, and a homemade frosting–this is a great way to start the day with a cup of coffee or end a meal as a delicious dessert.
Cherry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
Cherry desserts are always a big hit! This Cherry Cheese Crescent Ring was so easy to make but no one will ever know that because it’s so lovely. Another reason I love this recipe is that it’s made with ingredients you can always have on hand in your pantry and refrigerator so you can make this for dessert or breakfast any time.
Love a good crescent ring for breakfast, brunch, or dessert? Check these out: Caramel Apple Crescent Cheese Ring | Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring | Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring | And for a savory version perfect for lunch, dinner, or a party, make an Easy Taco Ring with Crescent Rolls.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Cherry Cheese Crescent Ring (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Refrigerated crescent rolls – You can use Pillsbury crescent roll dough or store brand–either will be just fine!
- Cream cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cherry pie filling – We used regular cherry pie filling, but you could also use the extra cherries version.
- Milk – Either whole or 2% works well for this recipe.
How to Make a Cherry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
Open the crescent roll packages and separate the dough triangles. Set four of the triangles aside. Place the rest in a circle on a pizza pan like shown in the image below.
Press the dough triangles together until they meet. Leave a 2-3 inch circle in the center.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent roll dough.
Next, top the cream cheese layer with the cherry pie filling.
Cut the reserved four triangles of crescent roll dough into three strips each for a total of twelve strips.
TIP: This is easiest to do with a pizza cutter.
Place the dough strips evenly around the circle with the wider edge towards the outside and the point in towards the center. This will look like spokes on a wheel. Press the ends together to seal.
Bake the crescent ring at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar with milk. Add the milk a little bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Drizzle the frosting over the warm crescent ring.
Cut the crescent ring into wedges and serve warm.
Here are a few changes and additions you might enjoy:
- Almond Flavor – Instead of vanilla extract, use 1/4-1/2 teaspoon almond extract in the cream cheese mixture.
- Different Fruits – Try a different fruit pie filling, such as peach, raspberry, blueberry, or strawberry.
- Sliced Almonds – After drizzling the frosting over the crescent ring, top with a sprinkle of sliced almonds.
- Apple Cinnamon – Use apple pie filling (you might need two cans to have enough apples) instead of cherries and add some ground cinnamon to the frosting.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover crescent ring in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Marinated Vegetable Salad
- Black Eyed Susan Drink
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Cherry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth; set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate each triangle. Set 4 triangles aside, then place the rest on a large circular pizza pan (at least 14-inches across). Form the crescent roll triangles into a circle with the points facing in towards the center and the wide edges facing out to the edges of the pan. Press the dough triangles together to form a large circle with a 2-3 inch hole in the center.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent roll dough. Top with the cherry pie filling.
- Cut each of the remaining 4 dough triangles into 3 long strips for a total of 12 strips. Arrange the dough strips evenly over top of the filling from the outside edge to the center circle, like the spokes of a wheel. Press the ends together to seal.
- Bake the crescent ring at 350F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown; cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cut powdered sugar with milk, adding the 2-3 teaspoons of milk a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Drizzle the frosting over the crescent ring. Serve warm.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Round pizza pan