Cheesecake Tacos are my new favorite dessert! Made with a cinnamon and graham cracker shell, filled with homemade cheesecake and topped with cherries.
Ya’ll… do you love cheesecake like I do? The people in my house just can’t get enough of it. Every time I think I can’t come up with any new ways to make this classic dessert, I do! This one is so much fun. You will also want to check out our Apple Pie Cheesecake Tacos!
Mini Cherry Cheesecake Tacos
To make these yummy little dessert tacos is pretty simple. We make the shells, we make the cheesecake, then we will it up and devour. Ready?
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Tortilla Shells. Any size will work, but the smaller the shells the more you may need.
- Graham Crackers. You can crush them yourself or buy the boxed crumbs. Your choice!
- Cream Cheese. Remember to soften the cheese or it’s a pain to mix.
- Heavy Cream.
- Lemon Zest. If you don’t have a zester, a regular grater works.
- Vanilla. The better the vanilla, the better the flavor. Real is always better than imitation.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Cherry Pie Filling.
How To Make Cherry Cheesecake Tacos
- Make “Taco Shells”. Cut the tortilla shells with a cookie cutter. Dip them into melted butter then into the graham cracker crumbs to coat. Lay them on an upside down muffin tin like pictured below and bake.
- Make Cheesecake filling. Mix the cream cheese alone until it’s light and fluffy. Then add in heavy cream, lemon zest and vanilla. When that’s mixed well, slowly add in powdered sugar. Let it chill.
- Fill. When the shells and cheesecake have sat and cooled, fill the shell with cheesecake and top with cherry pie filling.
You could get really creative and have some fun with these. Here are a couple things I’m going to try next.
- Different Pie Filling Flavors like strawberry.
- Adding other cookies to the graham cracker crust like Golden Oreos.
More Cheesecake Recipes To Try
No-Bake Rainbow Sherbet Cheesecake
Instant Pot S’mores Cheesecake
- 5 - 8 inch Tortillas - about 20 count
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup of butter - melted
- 16 ounces of cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 - 21 ounce can of Cherry Pie Filling
Taco "Shell" Directions
- Place the can of Cherry pie filling in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in the microwave and set aside.
- Using a large cookie cutter, cut out circles from the tortillas (about 2 rounds each tortilla).
- Dip the tortilla cut outs into the melted butter and then into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Turn a muffin pan upside down and place the graham cracker coated tortillas between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool on the bottom of the muffin tin. (Leaving them to sit helps them keep their shape.)
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream, lemon zest, vanilla and mix well, to make sure all ingredients are well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again for 2 minutes on medium speed until completely blended smooth and thickened.
- Place the cheesecake mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Remove all the taco shells from the back of the muffin tin, and place on a wire rack to cool.
- After the shells are cool, and the cheesecake is chilled, transfer the cheesecake to a piping bag, and pipe the cheesecake into the taco shells, filling them about 3/4 of the way in the shell.
- Top with a teaspoon of Cherry Pie Filling and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
- 1 - 2 muffin tins
- Large biscuit or cookie cutter
- Wire cooling rack
You can also add Strawberry filling like these Strawberry Cheesecake Tacos we spotted on Instagram here…
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Mini Cherry Cheesecake Tacos”
Cinnamon and sugar!