We all enjoy pies during the fall season and winter. We love the smell, the taste, and the texture of these delicious desserts. But, what if I told you that you could put an apple pie into a cookie? Well, you sure can with this amazing Apple Spice Cookies.
Apple Spice Cookies
Sink your teeth into this incredibly flavored cookie and share it with your friends and family. This recipe doesn’t have many ingredients that you don’t already have in your kitchen. Enjoy this recipe for any occasion and follow these simple directions for a quick and easy cookie recipe that’s made in no time.
- Butter- Best to use unsalted to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Sugar- You need sugar for the best dessert.
- Egg- Use room temperature eggs for the best results.
- Apple Pie Spice- This gives that great apple pie flavor.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour for best results.
- Baking powder- This helps the cookies rise.
- Baking soda- This will help the cookies rise.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your cookies.
- Powdered Sugar- This will be used in your glaze. and for rolling the cookie dough balls in.
- Apple Cider- This will be used in the glaze and give it that signature apple flavor.
How to Make Apple Spice Cookies
Line two baking sheets using parchment paper and set your oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together the butter and sugar until its light and fluffy in a large mixing bowl.
Add in your egg.
Then, whisk the flour, Apple Pie Spice, baking powder and soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
Use a scooper for measuring and use your hands to form a ball with the ingredients.
Put the powdered sugar in a bowl and roll the dough balls into the sugar and coat it.
Set on your prepared baking sheet and repeat until all the dough is used up.
For 8 -10 minutes, bake in your oven, and when it’s finished, set aside to cool.
How to Make Spiced Glaze
Add together the Apple Pie Spice, Apple Cider, and powdered sugar and whisk in a medium mixing bowl.
Scoop the ingredients into a squeeze bottle.
Set each cookie onto a wire rack.
Lightly drizzle some of the glaze on top of the cookies and let them set before digging in!
Do These Have to Have the Glaze?
While these cookies do not have to have the glaze, it adds a great flavor and additional sweetness. These cookies will taste delicious even if you decide not to add it.
What’s in Apple Pie Spice?
Apple Spice is a mixture of ingredients and spices. These spices when mixed together allow the mixture to have a sort of apple flavor. Some of the spices include allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
More Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Snowball Cookies
- Apricot Walnut Thumbprint Cookies
- Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Apple Spice Cookies with Spiced Glaze
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1 ½ C flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ C Powdered Sugar
Spiced Glaze :
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1 ½ tbsp Apple Cider
- ¾ C Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Beat in the egg
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, Apple Pie Spice, Baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined
- Using a small ice cream scooper, and scoop some dough into your hand and roll into a ball
- Place the powdered sugar into a bowl and roll the cookie dough ball into the powder sugar
- Place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat until all cookie dough is rolled
- Bake in the oven for 8 -10 minutes
- Allow to cool
Spiced Glaze :
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the Apple Pie Spice, Apple Cider and powdered sugar
- Pour into a squeeze bottle
- Place cookie onto a wire rack
- Drizzle glaze over the cookies and allow them to set before enjoying !